No announcement yet.

Manny, bob, and Michael facing jail?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
    Did Floyd file assault charges or something ?

Does anyone realize that this is a thread created by checkhuk? The worst poster on boxingscene?
    Your post sticks out in this debate brother. This is a fantastic discussion. Contribute intelligently or kick rocks bro

Comment

Originally posted by checkhuk44 View Post
      Mannys earning power and career will fall off to inescapable depths if he is forced to fight in china forever
      While I agree...I also think a lifetime tax exempt would change everything. the US can never match that, they always gonna want their cut. There would have to be a long look taken at the upside of staying out of the US the rest of his career and taking the hit to his PPV #'s in exchange for the tax relief. a couple unknowns to me on this are china's tax code and how they would respect an exempt status from the phillipinnes. Also whether they can actually have the chinese buy ppv's eventually.

If he can't get the exempt in the Phillippines, he has to fight in the states again to stay afloat, imo. he can probably bargain the IRS down to about 8-10 mill out of his next purse, on top of what new percentage the IRS takes. its not great, but after paying his team, promoter and the IRS, he could possibly break even at that point going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
        While I agree...I also think a lifetime tax exempt would change everything. the US can never match that, they always gonna want their cut. There would have to be a long look taken at the upside of staying out of the US the rest of his career and taking the hit to his PPV #'s in exchange for the tax relief. a couple unknowns to me on this are china's tax code and how they would respect an exempt status from the phillipinnes. Also whether they can actually have the chinese buy ppv's eventually.

If he can't get the exempt in the Phillippines, he has to fight in the states again to stay afloat, imo. he can probably bargain the IRS down to about 8-10 mill out of his next purse, on top of what new percentage the IRS takes. its not great, but after paying his team, promoter and the IRS, he could possibly break even at that point going forward.
        Totally reasonable argument. One thing I feel like everyone on this thread is missing is mannys actual options at this point. He has no options, they will tell him his options. Paying the bill might be futile, he is in danger territory based on the amount, and the duration. Legally his goose is cooked

Comment

Originally posted by checkhuk44 View Post
          Your post sticks out in this debate brother. This is a fantastic discussion. Contribute intelligently or kick rocks bro
          I don't take any thread you post seriously. Sum it up for me I'm not reading every page before this.

And for the record every thread you make sticks out brother.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
            My thing is how did he post pics of his taxes from the years in question if he never filed taxes? Case closed....
            Do you truly believe that show he put for reporters was above board, if anything that pissed the government off

Comment

Originally posted by wonder187 View Post
              I hope fighters take note and leave bob
              As do all of us

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                I'm not informed on the whole issue but Bob would pay all that **** off before going to jail.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                You cannot payoff criminal charges dude

Comment

Working...
                X