Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing is the sport of KINGS and tonight it was proven AGAIN!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
    its so weird its like he was thinking it and you were too at the same time
    Wtf makes gatti better then alvarado? He got ktfo by fuccing baldomir

Comment

Originally posted by Hiei View Post
      Wtf makes gatti better then alvarado? He got ktfo by fuccing baldomir
      Are you really as dumb as you sound or are you just putting it on? A shot to **** Gatti lost to Baldomir, Baldomir isn't as bad as people make him out tobe either.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
        it's you that was'nt not paying atenttion if you think thre's only 3 occassions mike tied up ...
        who writes your jokes man, seesh.

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        Ward and Gatti were very average themselves. In fact Mickey Ward never won a real world championship while both Rios and Alvarado have.
        exactly...

Originally posted by Cuauhtli. View Post
        you think Ward & Gatti were anymore skilled then Rios and Alvarado? WTF?
        right? it's one thing to say dramatics were maybe more with gatti being hurt with the body shot and ward being dropped and all that, just because Rios and Alvarado didn't have that so much in this fight, them shaking one another legs was proof positive they were giving everything they had, they had a higher display of execution in defense and offense.

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
        IDK where you read that at but Ward and Gatti are more skilled smarter and overall better then Rios
        that's not entirely true, their histories say otherwise, dramatics you can argue, gatti takes the cake there, hands down, but skill wise? game plan and execution wise? adjustments wise, no, maybe when it all came together for gatti vs the right opponent, but has that special something that makes guys fight his fight. there is almost no way out of it for most guys, and rios is tougher than s h i i t, only down twice in his career due to bodyshots, he's eaten every other big shot since then,avoided, or countered them, that says something about his chin, skill, and character.

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
        Gatti was more skilled than Rios and Alvarado. He could box well when he wanted to, but he loved to slug it out.
        at times and against the right opponent, he looked like sugar ray leonard, but most of the time he was a highlight reel and a come from behind ko artist.
        more skilled than both fighters or either one, no. sorry, again, their histories tell a different tale and again, dramatics is what everyone hinges their gatti opinions on.

Originally posted by DosRounds View Post
        It was a good fight. Alvarado executed his game plan which I am surprised about. Hopefully he can move on to bigger and better things maybe a Bradley or someone
        thank you, finally someone who saw the quality in what transpired tonight, both guys raised the bar. alvarado earned his place and deserves good things in the future too.

Originally posted by marvelousmatt View Post
        Well said,damn there are some Rios haters on here. Props for another great fight between 2 excellent 140 lb-ers.
        thanks as well, couldn't be more happier as a boxing fan in what I got to see tonight displayed in the ring. it's what keeps this sport great, fights and fighters like these.

Comment

Originally posted by HardAss View Post
          agreed UFC is for suburbian clowns aka ex wwe fans
          Well on keepin it classy.

Comment

Originally posted by deuce_drop View Post
            I really can't say enough about how great tonights fight was, BOTH FIGHTERS ELEVATED THIS SPORT TO ANOTHER LEVEL!

Rios is a BEAST, THAT CAN'T BE DENIED, I will say, Rios has same recovery abilities as a Joe Frazier, seriously quick! it's going to take a George Foreman type punch to put him down.
            Rios might be a beast, and I'm not so sure about it, but he certainly can't box or move for the sake of his life. He won't last long at this level.
            Maybe that's why he has shown a certain urgency to rematch Alvarado.

Alvarado is not a boxer, he adapted well, credit to him, but a true boxer with a decent pop will school Rios.

As for him getting KO'ed. I'm not a fan of Matthysse but ,to stay at 140, he's one of the guys who could knock Rios out. It won't take Big George.

Comment

Very entertaining fight- but that's where it ends with these two guys: pure entertainment. Neither Rios nor Alvardo beat any of the top fighters in the division, IMO. Obviously both have a punchers chance.

Rios already got exposed in his first step up, Abril and the only person he's fought since then is Alvardo and he just lost one. Both guys are fun as Hell to watch though and a trilogy would also be a war.

(No hate)
              Last edited by King_; 03-31-2013, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
                Very entertaining fight- but that's where it ends with these two guys: pure entertainment. Neither Rios nor Alvardo beat any of the top fighters in the division, IMO. Obviously both have a punchers chance.

Rios already got exposed in his first step up, Abril and the only person he's fought since then is Alvardo and he just lost one. Both guys are fun as Hell to watch though and a trilogy would also be a war.

(No hate)
                You have to be kidding, Alvarado can box. He only slugged when he got popped the mouth. Alvarado can take on (didnt say win) any 140 pounder and it would be close. Mike is the real deal. That guy that made that list of 7 at 140 that beats Mike is crazy. We'll see, watch.

Comment

Working...
                X