Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who performed better against Mayweather, Guerrero or Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotto did better than both canelo/Guerrero.
    Last edited by PiXelElite; 09-16-2013, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      Canelo did better, Guerrero got beat up. Canelo was hit some with some good right hands, but it was no where near the beating Mayweather gave Guerrero.

I thought the first 4 rounds of the Canelo fight were really tight, but as always, Mayweather adjusts and figures you out.
      they both got their asses beat up, imo. guerrero just seems like he got whooped on more because he never stopped coming forward. alvarez was beaten to the punch in almost every exchange and was even used as a punching bag a couple of times when he backed into the ropes. check sig.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        I'll admit it's been a while, but I'm thinking Guerrero. Mayweather never looked the least bit uncomfortable against Alvarez, and did a lot more boxing off the backfoot against Guerrero.
        Mayweather was downright terrified to in fight n the trenches with Guerrero, and Mayweather is a dirty fighter that knows how to hold hit and elbow such, The ghost was ready and better prepared for Folyd Mayweather problems, contrary to Nelo who sat on the ropes and crumbled under the lights getting tee'd off on, not to mention The ghost had the counters on auto fire everything Floyd threw from 1-12 had a Guerrero counter coming behind it with bad intentions
        Last edited by sbbigmike; 09-16-2013, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
          they both got their asses beat up, imo. guerrero just seems like he got whooped on more because he never stopped coming forward. alvarez was beaten to the punch in almost every exchange and was even used as a punching bag a couple of times when he backed into the ropes. check sig.
          Agree 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            That uppercut was STIFF. Seeing Alvarez lean on the ropes getting hit by everything was almost sad to watch.
            Alavarez really did look sad. But he is still a 23 yr old kid who has never been in a situation where nothing he does works. Canelo truly believed he was gonna win. The problem was floyd made him respect him. that doesn't happen with young people sometimes unless they are humiliated.

I thought floyd was 100% spot on when he said in the press conference that Canelo needed to "get his confidence back."

Comment

I had guerrero losing 118-110
              Canelo lost 119-109

Comment

tactically, i think guerrero did better because he had a solid gameplan of using pressure and was punching with floyd's counters. he gave more looks for floyd to work out of. it was a spirited effort by ghost. alvarez tried to box with mayweather but he looked like a deer caught in the headlights doing it so may pretty much did what he wanted with the boy.
                Last edited by John Barron; 09-16-2013, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Guerrero easily. Canelo was scared to throw too bothered with defense.

Might aswell of been a cardboard box in the ring fighting floyd...

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
                    Beaten to the punch yes, beaten up...no. Canelo actually boxed much better with Mayweather, Guerrero had no chance.

Mayweather landed some great shots on Canelo, but they weren't anywhere as frequent as with Guerrero and let's remember, he almost knocked Guerrero out.

He never hurt Canelo, just frustrated him all night.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                      Beaten to the punch yes, beaten up...no. Canelo actually boxed much better with Mayweather, Guerrero had no chance.

Mayweather landed some great shots on Canelo, but they weren't anywhere as frequent as with Guerrero and let's remember, he almost knocked Guerrero out.

He never hurt Canelo, just frustrated him all night.
                      Show me where he almost KO'ed Guerrero, Floyd nearly sent his head into the 1st row in round 8 he shook it off and kept trying, contrary to Canelo who was hurt and moved almost at will with both hands and had to sit on the ropes eating bombs cause a uppercut buzzed him......

Ill wait for you to show me where Floyd almost koed Guerrero

Comment

Working...
                      X