No announcement yet.

Boxing in October? Not much apparently

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing in October? Not much apparently

Give me something to look forward to in October for boxing....

I'm not seeing much going on until November.

Lucian Bute's fighting in October and Vitali Briggs too.

Comment

And Prizefighter heavyweights! That should be good, they normally are. But that's about it.

Comment

Vitali vs Briggs and Bute vs Brinkley are probably the most well known fights in October.

There are a few interesting fights other than those 2 though, fights like Tarver-Aguilera, Garcia-Arnaoutis and Jones-Brudov. They probably won't be very good fights but they should be OK and should tell us a few things.

Wonjongkam, Poonsawat and Cazares are keeping busy in a couple of weeks, Luis Concepcion vs Kaovichit could be pretty good.

I'm also looking forward to seeing how much Wilfredo Vazquez Jr. will have improved when he fights Hernandez.

Best card of the month is probably the Japanese card towards the end of it though, Nishioka vs Munroe, Reveco vs Gonzalez and Linares vs Chavez. They should all be good fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
          Vitali vs Briggs and Bute vs Brinkley are probably the most well known fights in October.

There are a few interesting fights other than those 2 though, fights like Tarver-Aguilera, Garcia-Arnaoutis and Jones-Brudov. They probably won't be very good fights but they should be OK and should tell us a few things.

Wonjongkam, Poonsawat and Cazares are keeping busy in a couple of weeks, Luis Concepcion vs Kaovichit could be pretty good.

I'm also looking forward to seeing how much Wilfredo Vazquez Jr. will have improved when he fights Hernandez.

Best card of the month is probably the Japanese card towards the end of it though, Nishioka vs Munroe, Reveco vs Gonzalez and Linares vs Chavez. They should all be good fights.
          yeah, and in Germany IBF middleweight champ Sebastian Sylvester will defend his title against Mahir Oral and co-feat. Povetkin vs TBA.

Comment

Patrick Lopez vs. Tim Coleman thsi Friday October 1st on Showtime!

I obviously have a biased opinion, but I honestly do believe it will be a good scrap. The links in my signature below are from Patrick's last fight where he upset then undefeated Prenice Brewer- dominating him in route to a 3rd round KO.

Tim Coleman is a similar fighter, a lot of speed and technical skill but not much pop, so I really think Patrick pulls the upset again.

Be sure to watch!

Comment

November is loaded with all the good fights and so is December, October got shafted with all the left over *****!! Thank god for NFL

Comment

October has the best card of the year.

Nishioka vs Munroe
                Reveco vs Gonzalez
                Linares vs Chavez

On October 24, in Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                  October has the best card of the year.

Nishioka vs Munroe
                  Reveco vs Gonzalez
                  Linares vs Chavez

On October 24, in Japan.
                  too bad it's not televised (for most people)

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post

Solid post, but you don't think a Guillermo Jones fight will be good?

Comment

Working...
                    X