Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worse? Floyd retiring to not fight WWs in their prime/ Manny and his superstitions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And, if you talking about rankings. As of right now Pac deserves the #1 ranking. He beat two top 5 WWs in the past for months. While Shane will go 16 month without a fight. You can't have that inactivity and be able to keep the #1 ranking.
    Last edited by jrosales13; 03-19-2010, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Six Shooter View Post
      Was that one writers opinion? Probably.......
      well it looks like the enivitable just happened...lol

But just incase you wanted to see what my answer would be.....No because the ring rankings are decided by a panel and not one person in particular.

Comment

Originally posted by GOAT86 View Post
        Who did PBF really duck? Floyd ducking a p4p opponent is just a myth of *******s. Hatton, DLH, Judah, Gatti,..........all top contenders or HOFers. Haters should finally appreciate that PBF came out of retirement to give us some more of his exciting bouts. btw, PBF/SSM will be da bomb!
        you can almost always discredit a guys past opponents but seriously, hatton was smaller coming up from 140, not to mention his fighting style was based on using his size which he couldn't as much against a bigger floyd. de la hoya was over the hill, the top 5 WW's at the time would have all beat him. judah is good and i like him, not much there except he was coming off a loss to baldomir. and gatti, ha, he was never that great, he had some great fights but come on, and he was way over the hill.

Comment

Originally posted by O.S.I.R.I.S View Post
          Yes I am. Shane is apart of this company and even they are co-signing what Im saying. They mentioned in a nutshell that since Cotto beat Mosley, That mosley wasn't the clear cut guy at WW even though he beat Tony.

Why is it that Shane's on company agrees with me?
          Cotto's win over Mosley was not clear. Cotto was knocked out by Margarito. Mosley knocked out Margarito. Mosley is #1 at welterweight. I don't see how Cotto can be rated #1 after getting knocked out.

Comment

Originally posted by INVINCEABLE View Post
            Cotto's win over Mosley was not clear. Cotto was knocked out by Margarito. Mosley knocked out Margarito. Mosley is #1 at welterweight. I don't see how Cotto can be rated #1 after getting knocked out.
            Some people will argue that black is white instead of admitting they are wrong.

Comment

You could argue that Hatton wasn't at his best. Remember when he needed a break to tie his shoes after getting punished by Lazcano?
              Yeah..but that was also at 147lbs......and to tell you the truth...Floyd knew that.

Comment

Both have robbed the fans. And that's all that really matters.

Comment

never said that. I said there was no clear cut "guy" at WW. Also a win is a win no matter how you get it (unless it's a robbery or such)

Cotto beat Shane, Marg beat Cotto, Shane destroy Marg. Marg then is suspended taking him outta the equation, so it now comes down to Shane or Cotto. Top ranks line of thinking was since Cotto beat shane, and that we can keep the money inhouse, Cotto fight makes sense. I can see and arguement for both sides but IMO Pac made the best descision. Don't worry if Shane takes care of business he will defiantly get a Pac fight...so the ball in now in his court.

Comment

Originally posted by disolly View Post
                    manny's superstitions never effected the fans until floyd. floyd could have given the fans so many great fights or at least a couple, he could have cleaned out a loaded WW division. and when floyd retired, there was no fab 5, i think, did you just make that up? the rankings were, after floyd of course, cotto, williams, mosley and margarito, clottey was ranked behind judah, cintron and collazo, and i am pretty sure berto wasn't a top 10 at the time and he was as unproven as a fighter could be. sorry not to be an ass but just though i would mention that. correct me if i am wrong. anyways i think floyd's is worst, maybe manny wouldn't have but i think if he was in that position he would have fought those guys, atleast a couple of them. he did fight barrera, marquez and morales all in a 4 fight span, which leads me to believe he would have done something like that if he was WW a couple years ago, too bad he was still fighting at 130.
                    Yes I did.....

Comment

stop being dumb. you know shane didn't beat the same marg (loaded) that destroyed cotto.

Comment

Working...
                      X