Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 5 best fighters you ever seen at their peak: hardest to beat at prime?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RJJ at 168.
    Ali in the mid-late 60s (lets say the one that fought Cleveland Williams).

Comment

based on what u have seen with my own eyes since watching boxing the past ten years

my era

1)rigondaux that beat doniare
      this is the best fighter ive ever witnessed i even saw it live and was simply amazed at how he toyed with such an elite fighter i dont think anyone floyd pac anyone could have done that

2)pacquiao ...2009 hatton cotto wins
      pure machine reminded me of a prime duran no way floyd beat this guy

3)floyd - dlh =-hatton wins
      props to floyd the way he beat a prime ricky hatton floyd was pretty much unbeatable here this floyd vs 09 pac woulda been insane

the rest are far behind

bhop
      calzaghe
      ward
      doanire
      martinez

Comment

Hagler
        Whitaker
        Iron Mike
        Ali
        Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
          I favor these guys over anyone at the best weight and prime...everyone1) Ali when he reach the late 60s is a heavyweight i dont see losing to anyone in his prime...He could punch, was hard to hit, the movement, and a great chin and heart. the closest you get to unbeatable at the weight

2) Roy Jones: from 160-168 during his peak from 95-98 i dont see anyone beating this version of Jones. It would take an all time great naturally larger lightheavyweight to beat him and it would have to be by knockout. Too much speed, power, elusiveness and he also could take a punch at his peak

3)Ray Robinson...no need to explain...the prototype of what a balanced fighter or a fighter period should have

4) Pernell Whitaker at lightweight I would favor over everyone at 135...Leonard, Duran, etc. he made it look easy against world class fighters and didnt lose a clear fight til his 30s

5)Henry Armstrong....around the time he won the 126 title and til he lost the 147 title to zivic I would be hard pressed to think of a featherweight, a lightweight, and may be one(Robinson) at 147 who could beat him at his best
          not the sterotypical fancy dan as the other 4 but his combination of speed, power, reflexes and strength was unparallel for the man of his stature
          You saw Armstrong AND Robinson at their peaks???

LOL I think your title is very misleading.

Comment

Working...
          X