Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many floyd fans will be rooting for canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im not rooting for anybody, im just looking forward to a decent fight for a change. even tho this is at 152 its still much better than fighting the likes of alexander or khan which i thought he might do. im picking mayweather tho so if anybody fancies a bet send us a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      I think almost no Mayweather fans will root for Canelo. Floyd's fans are very loyal to him. They just love him. They don't ever want him to lose. They want him to retire undefeated and rated one of the best, or the best fighter of all time.
      at this point im not interested in seeing him lose, because frankly, no1 is good enough to deserve to beat him. if he lost itd b because of a sharp decline and i hate seeing great fighters go out that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Riggsy Pooh View Post
        I know i will be.

Imagine if canelo catches floyd with a bomb and ushers in a new era in boxing. Although I'm a big fan of floyd 's, he wont be around much longer. Him absolutely schooling this kid who has great potential and marketability (which is what will happen most likely) will just make his career fizzle instead of pop imo.

Its actually better for boxing if canelo wins. He will bring so much mainstream attention to the sport if he beats floyd convincingly. Floyd being koed will totally eclipse the attention the pacquiao ko got. Just like that this ritchie cunningham looking MF 'er will be a superstar overnight.

I will be putting all my money on floyd, but im hoping canelo wins. If boxing takes a hit at least my bank account wont.
        How many Floyd fans will be rooting against Floyd?
        I'm not wonderful with word but asking how many Floyd fans will be rooting against there favourite fighter, wanting him to lose isn't that an example of a oxymoron?

Comment

none. mayweather fans are loyal to him in every sense of the word.

Comment

As a Floyd Mayweather fan there is only 1 current boxer than I would root against him...and that's Sergio Martinez, and that fight is not gonna happen so forget it.

Comment

Originally posted by Keitha313 View Post
              How many Floyd fans will be rooting against Floyd?
              I'm not wonderful with word but asking how many Floyd fans will be rooting against there favourite fighter, wanting him to lose isn't that an example of a oxymoron?
              floyd is my fav. boxer. But im also a fan of canelo. I dont usually root for anyone. I just like to watch good fights. Im rooting for canelo because if he wins it will attract a lot of attention to the sport. If mayweather wins it will be just another w on his record.

Comment

Originally posted by Riggsy Pooh View Post
                floyd is my fav. boxer. But im also a fan of canelo. I dont usually root for anyone. I just like to watch good fights. Im rooting for canelo because if he wins it will attract a lot of attention to the sport. If mayweather wins it will be just another w on his record.
                Best case scenario IMO would be a hard fought Mayweather decision. He'd get more credit for gutting a win out than dominating, and Alvarez would become a star even in losing. The catchweight gives him a reason to say, "Imagine if I could weigh in at my comfortable weight?"

Comment

I always pick Mayweather...it's hard not to. Rooting for Mayweather, but most importantly a good fight. It's a huge stage for boxing.... needs to deliver.

Comment

Working...
                  X