No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Like it or Not, Andre, Carl Froch Holds The Cards at 168

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
    The truth is, like it or not, NOBODY cares about Ward. NOBODY.

Just a few muppets online who get illegal streams anyway.

There is no MONEY in Andre Ward, he is boring in the ring, he has no personality

I know all the hardcores are going to go off "he got tha skills dat pay tha bills"

Well sure, he does, we seen it. Everyone seen it, and nobody cares.

Ward has 2 options, either dance to the tune of Froch and Hearn or, go elsewhere cap in hand and try get paid, it's on him but don't make out he's some star because he isn't.
    Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
    In Fact Hearn and Froch should actually make him dance for a fight.

"Dance, Andre, Sing for your supper"

Bwahahahaha
    Ether

Comment

The more I think about this the more I'm certain they don't want to fight Ward or Hopkins.

Froch's going on about 4 more fights, his next loss as he's alluded to himself will be his last fight. There's a strong possibility if he faces Ward or Hopkins next that he'll lose, this is why there is no chance he really wants the fights.

Ward doesn't have to avenge the loss, his legacy is just fine right now. Froch's is not.

Froch is 36 Ward isn't in his 30's yet, Ward can stay in Oakland or America and defend his title for the next 2/3 years against contender's and mandatory's and pick himself up a nice few quid in the process whilst he wait for the new guys coming through to establish themselves.

If Hearn truely wants the fight his tactics of insult Ward and tell him we hold the cards, call the shots, is going completely the wrong way and isn't going to do anything except make Ward walk away from the table, and that seems what they want i.e. an excuse to not make the fight. A guy like Ward in his position isn't going to be dictated to like that.

With all this 'it has to be at home nonsense' - it is funny how they're not twittering Hopkins name to come to the table, if they can't agree a fight with Ward, who has already been on record will come to the UK and do a catchweight.

That tells me that they want neither guy, this 'it has to be at home' is a smokescreen, and we can look forward to Goerge Groves next and then DeGale.

Comment

Seems like Froch's happy with his legacy of 'best of the rest' without even making an attempt to turn it into 'best of the best'.

Money over legacy - partly, partly he just doesn't believe he's good enough to beat Ward or Hopkins too.

Comment

The problem for Ward is he just doesn't have great options, he might have beaten Froch and he would beat him again but that's irrelevant because even though he is the number 1 guy at 168 he doesn't bring much else to the table for Froch.

Comment

Originally posted by rzagza View Post
            You wanna know the difference between Floyd Mayweather and Andre Ward inside the ring? There is no difference. They are the same dominant forces who happen to fight a few weight classes apart. They are the universally recognized #1 and #2 P4P fighters in the sport. The difference is outside the ring Mayweather portrays a fake bad boy image that is chewed up by the public. Controversy sells. His fights stink out the joint but outside of the ring he sells them beforehand with his pretty boy persona. Ward is not out making it rain in night clubs, talking trash or making a fool of himself. No, he is a family man gentleman who goes to Church twice a week....and maybe that and being considered 1 of the 2 best fighters in the world is good enough for the man? He may not be a star at the box office but he IS a star according to the experts and is going to end up going down in history as one of the all-time greats. Believe that - and show some damn respect.
            I don't disagree with what you say. However, Froch holds the cards at 168. If you get Carl, you get paid. If you beat him, you have a chance at Ward too. Carl is the money man of the division. Whilst I fundamentally disagree with it in principle, boxing is more about money than it is anything else. I'm a huge fan of Ward and Carl, but if Ward wants to propel his career into bigger fights financially, he has to fight Carl in England where a huge audience will see him fight. If he makes it exciting, which he has promised (prior to Dawson), he'll attract a much bigger fanbase. There really is noone else out there for him to fight which will do this for him. So whilst Ward already has a win over him, Froch has more than earnt another shot, and in the process seems to have more to offer than anyone else financially and in terms of belts. It'd be more damaging to Ward than to Froch, for Carl to set the terms and Ward deny them.

Comment

It's a fact that Ward was critical of the scoring in the Froch-Dirrell fight. He even tweeted something like: "See that's why I'm always fighting at home".

The scoring in the Kessler - Froch II fight surely hasn't changed his view. Not that the judges found the wrong winner, but 2 of the cards was attrocious.

Personally I don't understand if Ward turns the fight down. He'll whup Froch easy.

Comment

Originally posted by SAJ10 View Post
                Seems like Froch's happy with his legacy of 'best of the rest' without even making an attempt to turn it into 'best of the best'.

Money over legacy - partly, partly he just doesn't believe he's good enough to beat Ward or Hopkins too.
                What's Hopkins got to do with the price of bread

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  The problem for Ward is he just doesn't have great options, he might have beaten Froch and he would beat him again but that's irrelevant because even though he is the number 1 guy at 168 he doesn't bring much else to the table for Froch.
                  When you dismantle guys like Kessler, Froch, Chad Dawson it's hard to find an opponent that actually seems appealing now doesnt it? Ward-Hopkins would make sense but will never happen because Bernard refuses to fight the guy, and seriously, can you blame him? Hopkins knows boxing. He also has nothing to prove to anyone but he knows full well Ward is just a better at everything, younger version of himself.

Comment

All roads at SMW lead to Carl Froch. Ward needs to get in line with the rest.

Comment

Youd think Ward hadnt already handed Froch a routine beat down, with a broken hand.

Youd be wrong, but given ******ed articles like this, you might think that.

Ward is better. Anyone being honest knows it. Who gives a **** about who makes more money except the men themselves and their accountants?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X