No announcement yet.

Top 12 h2h heavyweights in history

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
    Because Mike Tyson has never been shut out in a fight the way Frazier has. At least Mike won the opening round against Lennox Lewis.

Frazier is a one-dimensional left hooker and doesnt have the right hands or uppercuts of a Mike Tyson. It baffles me how we are considering a guy who couldnt win a single round against the #2 fighter of his era.
    .....and yet he is also the only fighter on the list to beat the number 1 fighter of that era and consensus number 1 H2H fighter when everyone else couldn't.

Funny that isn't it?

Comment

So, you are saying that "prime vs prime" Wladimir would beat Vitali?

First time i read someone saying that. Almost everyone pick Vitali on a fantasy match, at least on these forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg House View Post
        So, you are saying that "prime vs prime" Wladimir would beat Vitali?

First time i read someone saying that. Almost everyone pick Vitali on a fantasy match, at least on these forums.

As I've already explained my list isn't perfect and no Im not claiming any fighter beats another, just that at their best their style and skills give them a better opportunity to win against more styles and skills....hence why Wlad is above Vittles.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
          Because Mike Tyson has never been shut out in a fight the way Frazier has. At least Mike won the opening round against Lennox Lewis.

Frazier is a one-dimensional left hooker and doesnt have the right hands or uppercuts of a Mike Tyson. It baffles me how we are considering a guy who couldnt win a single round against the #2 fighter of his era.
          It baffles me how you're riding the nuts of a guy who won only one round against Buster Douglas, perhaps the worst heavyweight champion in history.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
            Great list Jab

However; I might be opening up a can of worms here, but I'd have Riddick Bowe somewhere in this list. For all his lack of dedication, the guy who met Holyfield in the first two matches beats both Klitschkos, possibly Lewis, obviously Holyfield and maybe others such as Frazier too.

I think Bowe gets a tough time on these forums. 'No dedication', 'only great for one fight', 'too short prime'.....these are fair points. People forget the second Holyfield fight which was razor close (most commentaries have Bowe winning and the cards were a draw and only single points from memory). People excuse Holyfield the third fight for his 'cold', but who knows for certain. Bowe did have other good nights too.....head to head I think he has a good shot at beating several guys on this list and making it a very hard night for the others.
            great post i agree bowe is very underrated

Comment

Working...
            X