Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Story about Floyd Sr not wanting his son to fight southpaws? (old story)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1:55

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
      Because the shoulder roll ain't as affective against south paws. Mayweather has a high guard though, worked well against Judah.
      the high guard barely did anything, Judah popped him with a few good shots. Judah fades though, which is why he can't bang with the top dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit-Punches View Post
        Ah ok. I remember Zab looking good the first half and when he punched him in the back of the head or something and everyone jumped in.
        That was after Zab did a deliberate low blow on Floyd then hit him in the back of the head as Floyd keeled over from the groin shot. That's the only time Zab "hurt" him.

Floyd DOES get hit much more by southpaws than any other but he's also more offensive and trades with them as someone else said. Sharmba Mitchell was also a southpaw I believe and Floyd got hit more in that fight than I ever remember him getting hit flush. But he also literally walked down Sharmba and KTFO him witha body shot and traded huge bombs with him.
        Same goes for Corley. The only reason Floyd was getting hit that much was because he was literally slugging with Corley going all out brutal slug fest.

So yes, Southpaws do seem to hit Floyd alot more because as someone said it's also due to the fact that the shoulder roll from an orthodox stance the way that Floyd does it is not as effective against southpaws because it fails to block their hardest punch the straight left.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Fulcrum29 View Post
            That was after Zab did a deliberate low blow on Floyd then hit him in the back of the head as Floyd keeled over from the groin shot. That's the only time Zab "hurt" him.

Floyd DOES get hit much more by southpaws than any other but he's also more offensive and trades with them as someone else said. Sharmba Mitchell was also a southpaw I believe and Floyd got hit more in that fight than I ever remember him getting hit flush. But he also literally walked down Sharmba and KTFO him witha body shot and traded huge bombs with him.
            Same goes for Corley. The only reason Floyd was getting hit that much was because he was literally slugging with Corley going all out brutal slug fest.

So yes, Southpaws do seem to hit Floyd alot more because as someone said it's also due to the fact that the shoulder roll from an orthodox stance the way that Floyd does it is not as effective against southpaws because it fails to block their hardest punch the straight left.
            A lot of people had already mentioned that Floyd's defense isn't as good with a southpaw (although it's still a damn good defense).

However, why do you think he is more offensive against them compared to orthodox fighters? maybe floyd gets hit more because of this, just speculating.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
              the high guard barely did anything, Judah popped him with a few good shots. Judah fades though, which is why he can't bang with the top dogs.
              Mayweather had more success when he lured himself in and used the high gaurd to close the distance and began attacking in combination to judahs body and found the answer to the right hand that kept creeping in. weather judah fades or not, nobody was talking about judah "fading" 6 months before when he beat the hell out of corey spinks

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post

1:55

Good Videos of 2 left handed fighters landing a "few" left hands on Mayweather

How about this video below?

Comment

Originally posted by Fulcrum29 View Post

Not to compare Pac to Zab but I need to see the Zab fight again. Haven't in years. BTW you make good points with Shambra Mitchell and Corley but Floyd's not that guy anymore. I don't know if he's better but he damn sure isn't as ferocious as he used to be. People forget what Floyd used to be like. I'd like to think he's just matured and is better now than ever but it will be interesting to see how he sets the pace against Pac. He's going to be vulnerable to Pac's left but Floyd has a great lead right.

Comment

Originally posted by DikanRadeljak View Post
                    He got hurt twice by pillow fist CHOP CHOP.
                    Chop Chop ain't no pillow fist at all, he hurt Cotto and Mayweather and won 21 fights by KO. He's not a KO artist but he has pop.

Comment

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
                      Mayweather had more success when he lured himself in and used the high gaurd to close the distance and began attacking in combination to judahs body and found the answer to the right hand that kept creeping in. weather judah fades or not, nobody was talking about judah "fading" 6 months before when he beat the hell out of corey spinks
                      They were talking about Judah fading 3 months before when he lost to Carlos Baldomir though.

Comment

Working...
                      X