Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxer Oscar Diaz Conscious and Stable, Two Months After Life-Threatening Brain Injury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxer Oscar Diaz Conscious and Stable, Two Months After Life-Threatening Brain Injury

Boxer Oscar Diaz is awake and breathing on his own, two months after suffering life-threatening brain injuries in a bout with Delvin Rodriguez.

Diaz was in critical condition but has now been updated to stable, and his doctors and family are optimistic he will continue to improve.

"It's very exciting to see Oscar open his eyes. He's a fighter and I believe he will get better," his mother, Theresa Diaz, said in a statement. Diaz's family and doctor will provide more information about his condition today.

The Diaz-Rodriguez fight was shown live on ESPN2. Rodriguez had unleashed a fury of punches on Diaz, and before the start of the 11th round, Diaz began to look unstable and then fell to the ground in his corner. He was rushed to San Antonio University Hospital and has been there since.

Reached by ESPN.com, Rodriguez said, "It's very good news to me.... I've been waiting for his moment for a long time. It's been difficult. I kept thinking about him and how his family was doing. I've been worried."

UPDATE: Oscar Diaz Awake and Showing Brain Activity, Doctor Cautions He'll Never Be the Same.

http://boxing.fanhouse.com/2008/09/1...724x1200544260

He is such a warrior.

Comment

This is great news glad to see him up and fit

Comment

Working...
      X