Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some Mike Tyson information, life/career.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
    I heard that the Warren one was just rumour. Warren had a blood shot eye and the press jumped on it but Frank said it was merely conjunctivitous.

Hopefully im wrong though and Mike flattened em!

I did some digging and this is what I came up with:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/475...-of-Tyson.html

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
      No I haven't seen or talked to Mike since his 7th or 8th pro fight. He was on in Atlantic City at the Trump and I had the co-feature bout! Once Cus and Jimmy were gone all the friends were pretty much shut out!
      We had a group in place for Mike that I know Cus would have approved of but things were long out of hand by then! Without King and the Ho in place we could have carried on very successfully but it was to late!!!
      Mike knew and respected everyone in my group but no way do we work with King! Simply isn't worth the time!!!
      I talk harshly about Tyson at times on here but I'm no liar, he made his bed so thats were he lays! I miss the J.O. fighter who was a student of the sport and knew the history very well also but the dirt came out when the support group was gone. Thats on him! I wish him well and hope he has some happiness. Ray.
      A classy thing to say Ray. Mike has a chance to make a living off his celebrity status if he keeps his nose clean and join you in wishing that he does.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post

I keep all my old boxing mags have done since 98, so i'll take a look tomorrow and see what i can find on it in that months issue

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post

Cheers Scott, appears to be a lot of conjecture, what with Warren denying it and so on.. Looks like the row erupted after Tyson had claimed for some jewelery on his expenses. My guess would be, that Warren caught his eye on the table, as he slithered under it.

Comment

Im a bit late but here's what i dug up from my old August 2000 edition of BOXING MONTHLY. Article by Mick Gill
            (not typing the full article)

"the first signs of Tyson's volatile mental condition surfaced via a dastardly front lead report in Scotland's Daily Record which claimed - erroneously, responded the promoter - that Tyson had physically attacked Frank Warren in some way. A ludicrous suggestion, utterly preposterous. This emphatically did not happen.
            But the grapevine became awash with the silliest rumours (completely without foundation of course) of a heated dispute over financial liability for the Graff trinkets that had allegedly concluded with fighter and promoter engaging in a catchweight physical confrontation in a seventh floor suite at the Grosvenor House Hotel in London. Tyson allegedly threatening to re-enact the Defenestration of Prague, using Warren as a Czech to bounce. Now have you ever heard anything so ridiculous?
            Both parties stringently deny any altercation ever became "hands on" - because of course, it didn't, everyone in their right mind knows that. Nevertheless Tyson swiftly cancelled a chain of PR and media engagements to publicise the promotion and Warren who usually revels in taking center stage in the pleniminaries and was Tyson's inseparable chaperone throughout his January sojourn, suddenly became more elusive than Willy Pep! But this was purely coincidental.
            Absent from all media confrences and then the weigh-in, the promoter delayed his arrival to Glasgow until late on the evening of the fight. Back at large, but not larging it as much as one might have expected, he sported a heavily bloodshot right eye. But significantly, no bandaging, plasters, crutches, neck brace or breathing aids! Big Frank was almost 100% fighting fit, virtually nothing wrong with him.
            However, that salacious rumour mill continued to grind on. Check this out for a nonsensical claim: only a seven figure payment from the Tyson camp to the promoter saved not only just the show but the American from legal repercussions as a result of the alleged assualt (that didn't happen). It is claimed Tyson had to remove his gloves and sign an agreement to compensate Warren before beginning his ringwalk. What a load of Cobblers!
            "There was no bust u, it's bull****" insistend Warren, to unanimous roars of support and agreement from the assembled press. The wave of sheer unadulterated trust for the promoter, the belief that here was a man who could not tell a porkie, dissapointed only when Warren revealed that a painful spate of conjuctivitis was the cause of his discoloured eye. The room went silent. We all had already expected as much but Warren's touching showing of vulnerability cut through the assembly like a knife. One national broadcast sheet awoke to exclaim: "Shadam that accurshed afflictshum!"

Warren said " If anyone bothered turning up at the airport when I met Tyson they would have noticed i was wearing dark glasses because I already had the problem"
            I can honestly say that ive never felt so guilty in all my life. We spoke as one. "Sorry, Frank" came the collective and heart felt reply from the gathered press
            Last edited by The Surgeon; 07-17-2013, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X