No announcement yet.

Physical condition of today's Heavyweights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Physical condition of today's Heavyweights

Sports Science and nutrition, have improved tremendously over the last 25yrs . So why do we have today's Heavyweight boxers in such diabolical physical condition..

Has there ever been HW's in better shape than the klit's?

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      I think Wladimir would pass out if he wasn't allowed to drain his opponents by grabbing and leaning on them with his massive size while regaining his breath. 20 times per round.

Comment

lamon brewster exists.

Comment

for starters, these guys don't fight enouhg.

when your stomach is f#cking gigantic, you want to eat. you didn't get well over 200 LBS by eating like a bird.

these guys eat too much, and train too little. it really is that simple.

weight lifting doesn't help, either. sure, you'll get stronger, but not for 12 rounds. eventually you'll slow down compared to how you'd perform if you weren't built up.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
            I think Wladimir would pass out if he wasn't allowed to drain his opponents by grabbing and leaning on them with his massive size while regaining his breath. 20 times per round.

exactly. he used to be much more aggressive / didn't hold as much, and he'd tire out.

you just can't use a 250 lb body the way you can use a 215 lb body.

Comment

Yeah... rocky and Dempsey were often in great shape... Jack Johnson too sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
                Or maybe he wouldn't have the stamina to move as much as he does which is way more than past HW's approximately his size.

Comment

Or maybe he wouldn't have the stamina to move as much as he does which is way more than past HW's approximately his size.
                  I think you're confusing Wlad with his big brother who legitimately had incredible stamina for a man his size.

Why you would choose corpse on two legs Wladimir in terms of stamina instead of his brother is beyond me.

And btw, there is no way either Klit had more stamina than Jess Willard who was close to them in size.

Comment

Yes.. Muhammad Ali, Ken Norton, Mike Tyson, Evander Holyfield

Comment

Working...
                    X