- 3 rounds of shadow boxing
    - 5 rounds of sparring
    - 3 rounds of mitt work
    - 2 rounds on double end bag
    - 2 rounds on uppercut bag
    - 2 rounds on speed bag

Conditioning
    - 4 sets using 20lb dumbbells
    - Walking 1 staircase at a time, then 2 staircases at a time and finally 3 staircases at a time

Wrist Circuit using 20lb dumbbell
    - Front wrist curls 3 x 10
    - Hammer wrist curls 3 x 10
    - Reverse wrist curls 3 x 10

Neck Work
    - 40lbs x 50
    - 40lbs x 50
    - 40lbs x 50
    - 40lbs x 50
    - 40lbs x 50

Core Circuits
    - Medicine ball slams to the stomach x 30, 30, 30
    - Captain chair leg raises x 20, 15
    - Captain chair knee raises x 15, 15
    - Knuckle Pushups x 15
    - Pushups x 15

Weight
    - 193lbs
    Last edited by OLQA; 06-05-2013, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Last edited by OLQA; 06-23-2013, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OLQA View Post
        You seem to be very knowledgeable about boxing and MMA. Do you train and compete in any particular discipline(s)?
        I accidently became an assistant coach/corner for a MMA Gym, awhile back. I was brought in to assist in the striking, and initially didn't know a whole lot more than that, but I've just picked up on a few things over the years.

You seem to be following a pretty intense training regimen, make sure you're giving yourself a day to heal, just some light jogging, cardio, footwork.

Comment

5-3-1 Squats/Bench

Squats
          Set 1 - 135 x 5
          Set 2 - 185 x 3
          Set 3 - 205 x 3
          Set 4 - 230 x 3

One Arm DB Bench (neutral grip)
          Set 1 - 35 x 5
          Set 2 - 50 x 5
          Set 3 - 55 x 5
          Set 4 - 65 x 5

Seated Cable Rows
          Set 1 - 100 x 8
          Set 2 - 120 x 8
          Set 3 - 160 x 5
          Set 4 - 180 x 5

RDL's
          Set 1 - 135 x 8
          Set 2 - 185 x 5
          Set 3 - 225 x 5
          Set 4 - 225 x 5

Comment

Originally posted by DIB42 View Post
            I accidently became an assistant coach/corner for a MMA Gym, awhile back. I was brought in to assist in the striking, and initially didn't know a whole lot more than that, but I've just picked up on a few things over the years.

You seem to be following a pretty intense training regimen, make sure you're giving yourself a day to heal, just some light jogging, cardio, footwork.
            Last edited by OLQA; 06-23-2013, 05:39 PM.

Comment

next Michael Jordan of MMA.
              Last edited by Ogecca MaMa; 05-24-2013, 05:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogecca MaMa View Post
                next Michael Jordon of MMA.
                Last edited by OLQA; 06-23-2013, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Usually a day a week of light work, jogging, walking, shadowboxing. No lifting, no throwing etc.

Gives your muscles time to heal. Remember you're tearing them down, so they can be rebuilt. Rest is important too.

Also, are you intending on cutting weight and rehydrating before the fight?

Comment

Originally posted by DIB42 View Post
                    Usually a day a week of light work, jogging, walking, shadowboxing. No lifting, no throwing etc.

Gives your muscles time to heal. Remember you're tearing them down, so they can be rebuilt. Rest is important too.

Also, are you intending on cutting weight and rehydrating before the fight?
                    On my rest days I should go for a light jog and shadowbox or should I rest completely?

Over the next few months, I plan to lose weight and would like to have my walking weight around 178lbs so I won't have to cut weight when fight day is approaching.

Comment

Originally posted by OLQA View Post
                      On my rest days I should go for a light jog and shadowbox or should I rest completely?

Over the next few months, I plan to lose weight and would like to have my walking weight around 178lbs so I won't have to cut weight when fight day is approaching.
                      Rest days, light jog, focused shadowboxing, riding a bike, swimming, even a just a walk is good. You don't want to do "nothing" but you don't want to do anything that causes more than a slightly elevated heart rate.

I'm not a fan of cutting weight, but its a fact of the sport. If you're fighting anyone with a decent amount of training they'll probably cut from 190 to 178, then rehydrate back up. Its probably a bit more severe in the MMA amatuers than in boxing, as there are a lot of wrestlers with in the MMA world, and without the larger gloves and headgears and the grappling aspect, the extra 10+ lbs can makea difference.

But I like the idea to try fighting at your walking weight and see how that works for you, if you can hold your own and don't feel like a little guy against a big guy, then kudos.

Comment

Working...
                      X