Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Promoter Has 'Postive Outlook' That Jacobs Deal is Close

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    Where do you get 1 from? You misunderstood, Team Jacobs appealed to the Wba to change the standard percentage if it goes to purse bids. Nothing to do with team Ggg, who've already offered way more to Jacobs even before the mando was ordered, see famous "2 Quillins" quote
    Genuinely interested as I feel I am indeed missing some key info - do you have some links to some articles that give more info on whats gone down to date ?

I got the impression (maybe wrongly) that GGG was holding to the WBA mandate (the 75%/25%) and that Jacobs applied for the mandate to change so Team GGG couldn't continue saying 'take the 75/25 mandate or walk'.

To emphasise, only going on my impression of what I've heard so far, not that I've heard it all, as pretty sure I haven't.

Best I can find is this -

In a serious negotiation, the Jacobs camp ought to be able to get a better cut of the pie than 25 percent but certainly not the 40 percent it was after. So now the question is will the talks continue in any meaningful way? Will Jacobs walk away? Will a purse bid actually take place and how aggressive will the Jacobs camp be in bidding knowing that it will have to give up 75 percent of the winning bid?

In perfect world (which this is far from) they would make a reasonable deal in which Jacobs would get a bit more than 25 percent and Golovkin’s camp wouldn’t have to risk losing control of the promotion and possibly creating an issue with his exclusive HBO contract.

“Our preference, naturally, would be to reach an agreement,” Loeffler said. “It’s more effective to run a promotion that way where both sides are happy.”

So issue is that if it goes to purse bid, Team GGG could lose control of the promotion (difficulty with HBO). So ideally expand on the 25% so they pay a bit extra (but not up to 40%) to keep control of the promotion guaranteed without the risk of Jacob's side winning the purse bid and taking control.

Hmm. complicated.
    Last edited by angkag; 11-30-2016, 03:52 PM.

Comment

The path of greatness for GGG continues. Them haters still mad doe.

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post
        Genuinely interested as I feel I am indeed missing some key info - do you have some links to some articles that give more info on whats gone down to date ?

I got the impression (maybe wrongly) that GGG was holding to the WBA mandate (the 75%/25%) and that Jacobs applied for the mandate to change so Team GGG couldn't continue saying 'take the 75/25 mandate or walk'.

To emphasise, only going on my impression of what I've heard so far, not that I've heard it all, as pretty sure I haven't.

In a serious negotiation, the Jacobs camp ought to be able to get a better cut of the pie than 25 percent but certainly not the 40 percent it was after. So now the question is will the talks continue in any meaningful way? Will Jacobs walk away? Will a purse bid actually take place and how aggressive will the Jacobs camp be in bidding knowing that it will have to give up 75 percent of the winning bid?

In perfect world (which this is far from) they would make a reasonable deal in which Jacobs would get a bit more than 25 percent and Golovkin’s camp wouldn’t have to risk losing control of the promotion and possibly creating an issue with his exclusive HBO contract.

“Our preference, naturally, would be to reach an agreement,” Loeffler said. “It’s more effective to run a promotion that way where both sides are happy.”

So issue is that if it goes to purse bid, Team GGG could lose control of the promotion (difficulty with HBO). So ideally expand on the 25% so they pay a bit extra (but not up to 40%) to keep control of the promotion guaranteed without the risk of Jacob's side winning the purse bid and taking control.

Hmm. complicated.
        No offers have been made public. The best we have is Jacobs saying he was offered something before the mando was ordered but wasn't enough cause he can fight 2 Quillins and make the same money. Whatever that means, it's way beyond 25%.

I don't even think they mind giving Jacobs 40%, Lemieux got similar. The problem is that might not be close to the raw number that Jacobs would want.

Comment

ok , so in a fantasy 'negotiation from hell' scenario it would be

Team GGG: '25% mofos, not a penny more'

Team Jacobs: 'oh yeah ? You better believe we beat your butt in a purse bid and your deal with HBO is toast. Who's the beatch going to be then ?'

Team GGG: 'you don't have the nuts - we get 75% of it if you highball'

Team Jacobs: 'worth every penny to see you squirm'

Team GGG: 26% of x million. We get to promote.

Team Jacobs: 'warmer, but can't see that that cigar yet - we willing to pay WAY more than that - HBO going to enjoy roasting your nuts over that fire. How much that going to cost you again ?'

Team GGG thinking all along 'they bluffing ? Shall we call it ?'

I'm sure its much more civil than that.

Comment

GGG needs to take this fight make it happen and SHOW that you want these big fights. I was a huge Golovkin fan, after 2016, and only 2 average fights, I am more in favour of guys like Lomachenko, Ward, Kovalev, Bellew. Dudes that fight anyone, go up and weight and don't give a f***. I'm over the BS of boxing and watch more UFC these days.

Comment

(1) Team GGG won't budge from 25% (they would if they wanted it)
              (2) Jacobs won't take 25% (he would if he wanted it)

Am I missing something ?

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
              Where do you get 1 from? You misunderstood, Team Jacobs appealed to the Wba to change the standard percentage if it goes to purse bids. Nothing to do with team Ggg, who've already offered way more to Jacobs even before the mando was ordered, see famous "2 Quillins" quote

you're right..... apparently Jacobs wants that fight way more than Golovkin does

Comment

Hmm. complicated.

exactly !

and I am sure that Jacobs would accept 35%

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Objectivity View Post
                  The path of greatness for GGG continues. Them haters still mad doe.

right ^^

" objective "

right LMAO

:wank:

Comment

If Jacobs wanted the fight he'd accept 25%

Comment

Originally posted by Diegosome1 View Post
                      If Jacobs wanted the fight he'd accept 25%
                      Its funny how its always "if GGG really wants the fight, he will take whatever they give him".

But for anyone else vs GGG, "they need make as much as they can and not budge".

These clowns pretend they want all fighters to get paid their fair portion, but we all see the opposite is true. The same clowns who said Manny needed to take 40 mil flat, say GGG needs to take 10 mil flat, but Jacobs deserves to negotiate for much more than he has ever made.

Comment

Working...
                      X