Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which is more powerful? Why dont 99% of pro boxers deep their knee very far?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr.DagoWop View Post
    Alright by mentally handicapped friend, I'll school you to it.

First leverage isn't something you can just "define" simply. But I'll do the best I can to put it in terms you understand.

You start by counter clocklically turning your left index arm in a northward pattern (similar to when you execute the inverted corkscrew hook). Next you take your colorectal switchpop and bring down the, newly created due to the persuasive mindhymlical theorem, squitericle overhand right. This puts you lower rear gluteus minimus into perfect alignment with the anterior deltrix. Thus creating a crackle motion that concides with the snap and therefore the pop.

Keep in mind this is a BRIEF explanation of leverage. It may be hard to understand now but will make sense later.

Leverage
    the exertion of force by means of a lever

The only think resembling a lever in teh human body are the bones, so its about using the skeleton is an efficient and effective mechanical way as is possible, not weaknesses in the mechanics of how your skeleton moves or reduction of power and maximizing the levers working is how u get max leverage or max power

I dont even know what people mean by it but thats my guess and its probably right because what other levers are there?

Comment

I suppose the human skeleton when punching is like a multi joint lever

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
        Leverage
        the exertion of force by means of a lever

The only think resembling a lever in teh human body are the bones, so its about using the skeleton is an efficient and effective mechanical way as is possible, not weaknesses in the mechanics of how your skeleton moves or reduction of power and maximizing the levers working is how u get max leverage or max power

I dont even know what people mean by it but thats my guess and its probably right because what other levers are there?
        For real tho leverage is about generating power from the ground up and allowing it to pass through your body to the end of your fist as efficiently as possible without losing energy (punching power). Depending on body type/mechanics, which can vary person to person, that will determine positioning such as the knee.

You are actually on the right track when talking about the skeletal system (bones) the extra bit is the muscles that move those bones.

Comment

If you want to understand the kinetics of power, study Bruce Lee's one inch punch and study the portion of his Tao of Jeet Kune Do where he talks about the economy of motion. This will help explain what the other poster is talking about when he speaks of transfer of power through the body

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.DagoWop View Post
            For real tho leverage is about generating power from the ground up and allowing it to pass through your body to the end of your fist as efficiently as possible without losing energy (punching power). Depending on body type/mechanics, which can vary person to person, that will determine positioning such as the knee.

You are actually on the right track when talking about the skeletal system (bones) the extra bit is the muscles that move those bones.
            dont jump in and try to sound like you knew better, you were clueless till I helped you, you then agreed and added more that was already obvious to everyone, then tried to make out you knew all along

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
              If you want to understand the kinetics of power, study Bruce Lee's one inch punch and study the portion of his Tao of Jeet Kune Do where he talks about the economy of motion. This will help explain what the other poster is talking about when he speaks of transfer of power through the body
              economy of motion is about delivering the punch fast ie taking the shortest route, not generating power, lame trolls are lame

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
                economy of motion is about delivering the punch fast ie taking the shortest route, not generating power, lame trolls are lame
                I take it you didnt actually read, or maybe didn't understand what Lee wrote in his book. You remind me of a teenage boy that thinks he knows everything and doesn't want to listen to anyone trying to help. It's funny because you ask a question, then argue with everyone trying to help you, like you already know the answer. I don't care if you ever figure out how to get leverage, or if you ever learn to throw a good hook without your little weak ass elbow giving out. Idgaf.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                  I take it you didnt actually read, or maybe didn't understand what Lee wrote in his book. You remind me of a teenage boy that thinks he knows everything and doesn't want to listen to anyone trying to help. It's funny because you ask a question, then argue with everyone trying to help you, like you already know the answer. I don't care if you ever figure out how to get leverage, or if you ever learn to throw a good hook without your little weak ass elbow giving out. Idgaf.
                  Don't let him suck you in. Every couple months I'll think he's genuinely asking for help and I'll throw the sad bastard a bone, only to find it's just a snare for desperate trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    Don't let him suck you in. Every couple months I'll think he's genuinely asking for help and I'll throw the sad bastard a bone, only to find it's just a snare for desperate trolling.
                    I'm seeing that myself. I won't be wasting any more of my time with him. Best of luck to him.

Comment

Dipping too much gives away your intentions. If your going to throw an uppercut from a dip like Mike Tyson, throw a jab and dip at the same time, the jab hasn't got to be fast or powerful, just enough to disguise your movement. Jab and dip, then come up with the uppercut. Practise it in front of a mirror and on the pads.

Comment

Working...
                      X