No announcement yet.

Did Kell Brook vacate?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Kell Brook vacate?

It's past the 10 day deadline. What's going on?

I think he might get an extension due to his injury

IBF rule on Medical Extension which states that "if a champion is justifiably disabled and such disability has been proven to and accepted by a physician approved by the President of the IBF/USBA, he may be granted a medical extension not to exceed 90 days beyond the mandatory due date. If it is determined by the physician that the boxer will be disabled for a period to exceed 90 days beyond the mandatory due date, the Championship Committee, with the approval of the Board of Directors, may vacate the title. The champion may seek a rule 11 exception to extend his mandatory due date if recovery from his injury or illness will extend beyond the 90 day medical extension."
    from past boxingscene article
    Last edited by hogwash; 09-22-2016, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hogwash View Post
      I think he might get an extension due to his injury

from past boxingscene article
      What would be considered 90 days past the mandatory date?

Comment

As far as I know he has not vacated or ruled out staying at welterweight and retaining his world title. He is thinking it over. Of course if he keeps his title he will have to fight Spence next. I think Spence would give him another KO defeat.

Comment

The IBF is formally scheduled to notify Brook on Oct. 26 that he’s due to face Spence, by which point the 30-day negotiating period will start, according to IBF championship chairman Lindsey Tucker. Brook has a broken eye socket that require surgery and would likely necessitate an injury extension, pushing those dates back. But Brook has also spoken of moving to 154 pounds.

“They haven’t said anything to us,” Tucker told ******.com of Hearn and Brook’s intentions. “Somebody said that he probably won’t come back down to welterweight but we haven’t heard anything official yet.”
          Ring

so he's got a month till negotiations start

Comment

Working...
          X