No announcement yet.

What if canelo vs ggg ended the same way as

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if canelo vs ggg ended the same way as

Garcia vs matthysse, i remember 90% of the boxing community writing off garcia saying his end was near etc including myself. What would happen if canelo got the better of ggg (i find this unlikely) and proved us all wrong. Would you jump ship and become a canelo fan?

cant see it happening, they did a 6 round spar before with people watching and was pretty one sided from what i read, canelo wobbled at one point with a headguard on. Know sparring doesnt usually mean much but they are fighters at different levels. I picked garcia to beat matthyse cause he'd shown limitations against judah for example, GGG hasnt put a foot wrong yet.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
      cant see it happening, they did a 6 round spar before with people watching and was pretty one sided from what i read, canelo wobbled at one point with a headguard on. Know sparring doesnt usually mean much but they are fighters at different levels. I picked garcia to beat matthyse cause he'd shown limitations against judah for example, GGG hasnt put a foot wrong yet.
      They say GGG hasn't put a foot wrong cos he fights bums. But then say they aren't ready and will only fight GGG when ready?

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
        They say GGG hasn't put a foot wrong cos he fights bums. But then say they aren't ready and will only fight GGG when ready?
        yeah its ridiculous, eubank and canelo both passed up opportunity to fight him, yet both criticise GGG's level of opposition on a daily basis.

Comment

Originally posted by Juof View Post
          What if canelo vs ggg ended the same way as
          Garcia vs matthysse
          , i remember 90% of the boxing community writing off garcia saying his end was near etc including myself. What would happen if canelo got the better of ggg (i find this unlikely) and proved us all wrong. Would you jump ship and become a canelo fan?
          Accidents will ever happen.

(... I mean something like that "phantom thumb punch" which closed Lucas' eye...)

Comment

Originally posted by Juof View Post
            Garcia vs matthysse, i remember 90% of the boxing community writing off garcia saying his end was near etc including myself. What would happen if canelo got the better of ggg (i find this unlikely) and proved us all wrong. Would you jump ship and become a canelo fan?
            So Canelo would randomly close Golvkins eye with a random punch?

Comment

goglovkin would likelya lose if canela holds out longera,,,,,,, gg is getting older and declining while carrot top is improving,,,,,,,

Comment

Only the trolls truly think that Canelo-Golovkin is an easy fight. It's damn close to a 50-50.

People don't realize how big Canelo is, and they forgot how good of a boxer he is due to all the recent moments of cowardice.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                  Only the trolls truly think that Canelo-Golovkin is an easy fight. It's damn close to a 50-50.

People don't realize how big Canelo is, and they forgot how good of a boxer he is due to all the recent moments of cowardice.
                  ... and Canelo didn't take GGG so far precisely because it's a 50-50 fight?

Comment

Golovkin would destroy Canelo, but IF, hypothetically IF, Canelo were to win. Then I would have to conclude that his unimpressive perfomances below 160lbs were just a result of him being extremely weightdrained, with him being a solid powerhouse at 160lbs.

Comment

Working...
                    X