No announcement yet.

Weight Class

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight Class

Will I ever be able to grow past 130 lbs? I know im only 17 and about 5'7 but it just seems frustrating that some of these guys like bradley and paquiao fight at such high weight classes 154, 147, 140. I mean how do they do it? Its not like there lifting up to that weight. thats the only possible way id ever be able to put on that much weight is by bodybuilding which i wouldnt do because it is not natural and counterproductive. I mean seriously bradley reportedly walks around at like 160 when hes not training. at five foot six. i just don't get it man

Why do you want to go up? If you're made for 130, stay at 130 man. There's bones, muscles, fat,etc that makes you're weight.

Also these guys are proffesionals and have a personnal nutritionist to help them make they're weight, either going up or going down.

Comment

because i feel like i'm too skinny for my frame. I'd like to have a little more muscle. i mean i understand that The whole BMI calculator is very broad and general. but even if i have a very small frame i still feel as though i should at least weigh about 138. I feel like if i were 25 or so maybe i'd reach that weight by then. but if im not getting any taller why cant i just go up in weight now you know? idk.

Comment

Do you know Nonito Donaire? He's a very good boxer, even boxer of the year in 2012, 5''6 1/2, weights 120 pounds. Everybody is different.

If you think you're better off at 138, keep eating well, keep training hard but just eat whenever you're hungry I guess. Most people are trying to maintain their weight, therefore eating a fix number of calories each day. Consider yourself lucky!

Comment

thanks for the response

Comment

they were both definitlley helpful honestly with my body fat % at about 13 i might even consider now dropping to 123 or 124 and then maybe cutting water down to 119 for an amateur fight. i mean at that weight with being 5'7 i have to have some type of an advantage. but then again as long as im skillful enough i will win either way.

Comment

when i was 17 i was 130 ....im now 170 and wish i was 150 lol

Comment

Working...
              X