Ward Top 5 P4P?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ward Top 5 P4P?

Its Andre Ward a top 5 P4P fighter?

He has better wins(resume) certainly than Nonito Donaire and Sergio Martinez. The Kid has barely lost a round in 3 years.

Froch
    Kessler
    Abraham
    Green
    Miranda
    Bika

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
    Its Andre Ward a top 5 P4P fighter.

He has better wins(resume) certainly than Nonito Donaire and Sergio Martinez. The Kid has barely lost a round in 3 years.

Froch
    Kessler
    Abraham
    Green
    Miranda
    Bika
    He's going to 3 or 4 In this site's ratings. Who to replace Froch, who will slip out? Look to Panama.

Comment

Yes. Either Donaire or Martinez has to drop below Ward after that. If he beats Bute than Pac and Marquez are dropping too.

Comment

Yes, he is a top 5 fighter. He is the king of arguably one of the best divisions in boxing. That itself is worth a lot of stock. Also, he is undefeated and rarely lost rounds against some really good fighters. He may not be exciting but he is easily a top 5 fighter in the world if we are basing this on resume and what you have done(which is what we're supposed to do).

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
          Yes, he is a top 5 fighter. He is the king of arguably one of the best divisions in boxing. That itself is worth a lot of stock. Also, he is undefeated and rarely lost rounds against some really good fighters. He may not be exciting but he is easily a top 5 fighter in the world if we are basing this on resume and what you have done(which is what we're supposed to do).
          It's not arguable. The three best divisions in boxing right now, in terms of quality of fighters and good fights, are Bantamweight, Jr. Welter, and Super Middle. The order can be debated. Those are the peak of the game.

The next two, though Rios and Marquez likely leaving for good changes it, are Lightweight and Jr. Middleweight. Fighters might be a notch down, but they produce good fights consistently. Light Heavy is also strong with some solids coming up. If Cloud fought more, it would help.

Middleweight has the best pool of rising youth and could look a lot like Heavy soon with a strong Euro tone. The difference will be the fights won't suck as often and everyone has to be in shape in the class.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
            This is my exact sentiments!!!

Everybody knows Im no Ward fan, but I give credit where credit is due. And the kid proved himself in this tournament

Comment

he's better than nonito imo

Comment

Yes, I think he's landed in the top 5. If he beats Bute he certainly deserves the #3 spot. Pac and May both need to have good wins next (if they don't fight each other), against solid opposition, if they want to keep #1 and #2 though. Mayweather has only had one fight in 18 months, and that ended controversially (KOing a guy who has has his hands down isn't impressive, though Floyd looked good up until then). Pac's fight with Marquez ended controversially too.

Then again, Ortiz and Marquez were, in my opinion, better than anyone Ward has fought thus far.

Regardless, Ward looked great last night and is on one hell of a win streak.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrain View Post
                  Yes, I think he's landed in the top 5. If he beats Bute he certainly deserves the #3 spot. Pac and May both need to have good wins next (if they don't fight each other), against solid opposition, if they want to keep #1 and #2 though. Mayweather has only had one fight in 18 months, and that ended controversially (KOing a guy who has has his hands down isn't impressive, though Floyd looked good up until then). Pac's fight with Marquez ended controversially too.

Then again, Ortiz and Marquez were, in my opinion, better than anyone Ward has fought thus far.

Regardless, Ward looked great last night and is on one hell of a win streak.
                  I'd rate Ortiz well behind Kessler and Bute but hard to argue Marquez. He's a great.

Comment

On the strength of Wards resume these last couple of years, he just may be #1.

I mean the guys above him haven't really faced anyone capable of beating them & were favored damn near everytime they fought. Ward Dominated the tourney favorite in his very first supersix fight.

Pacman got the 1 spot went Floyd semi retired & has some how held it down beating a shot old Margarito & Mosley & escaping with an undiserved win against a lightweight, who turned him, countered him & beat him silly in the center of the ring as a smaller, weaker & slower fighter.

Comment

Working...
                    X