Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Crossfit kind of hipster flash in the pan nonsense?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Crossfit kind of hipster flash in the pan nonsense?

I guess it is good to do some kind of workout as opposed to sitting on your ass eating potato chips all day but I have heard so much about it and havn't until recently looked into it.

Spray gives it a thumbs down, seems like another media driven fitness fad for people with no real specific goal. No, "being more fit/better shape" does not qualify as a goal in my view, no one knows what you are talking about when you say that and it is a blanket term.

So what you need to do is think a bit, figure out what your fitness goal is, formulate a gameplan for that goal, then follow through get to the gym and train specifically for that goal.

Crossfit is a little bit of everything and since your not doing any specialized training your progress in any specific area will plateau pretty quickly.

Some people like boxing, some like MMA, some like Tai Chi, some like body building and some like Cross Fit.

What is the purpose in looking for the negative in Cross Fit when everything about it produces positive results?

Comment

Originally posted by GorgeousJorge View Post
      Some people like boxing, some like MMA, some like Tai Chi, some like body building and some like Cross Fit.

What is the purpose in looking for the negative in Cross Fit when everything about it produces positive results?
      The entire reason for getting involved in some training is for some goal you have, this is not the best way to achieve any fitness goal because it involves so much of everything.

Comment

I like the negative start/aura towards Crossfit in this thread tbh, its for posing buttholes whom pay to piss around for a while, with dreadful technique on most that i've seen.

I'd rather sit on a wet chair till i get piles than partake in that bastardisation of 'working out'. Dickheads.

Comment

Originally posted by RightJab View Post
          I like the negative start/aura towards Crossfit in this thread tbh, its for posing buttholes whom pay to piss around for a while, with dreadful technique on most that i've seen.

I'd rather sit on a wet chair till i get piles than partake in that bastardisation of 'working out'. Dickheads.
          To me it just seems very similar to the normal disorganized circuit training most people engage in M/W/F where they go to the gym, move from station to station and do the same thing week after week then wonder why they don't see results they wanted.

Comment

They have their own Cross Fit games. It's like their own version of the Olympics. Whether or not you agree with Cross Fits approach, the fact is it produces positive results for anyone involved. Positive results in anybody is a good thing and achieving basic goals like improved fitness is a goal regardless of your personal bias.

Personally, I prefer other methods of training and encourage all people to seek the physical training that makes them most happy.

Comment

Originally posted by GorgeousJorge View Post
              They have their own Cross Fit games. It's like their own version of the Olympics. Whether or not you agree with Cross Fits approach, the fact is it produces positive results for anyone involved. Positive results in anybody is a good thing and achieving basic goals like improved fitness is a goal regardless of your personal bias.

Personally, I prefer other methods of training and encourage all people to seek the physical training that makes them most happy.
              Sure, it will produce some results, taking a walk for an hour a day will produce some results too, so will eliminating all other beverages excluding water from your diet but I wouldn't advise cross fit as the best method for anyone with some specific goal.

Comment

In my Facebook feed are friends in Crossfit and some of them, talk down on other forms of exercise. It is interesting how the snobbery and beliefs that one person's way is better than another person's way is a perspective that you all have in common.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                  Sure, it will produce some results, taking a walk for an hour a day will produce some results too, so will eliminating all other beverages excluding water from your diet but I wouldn't advise cross fit as the best method for anyone with some specific goal.
                  Fair enough. So what do you suggest a person do instead of Crossfit? Should they all join a owing gym with a goal of getting in the ring to get hit in the head even though they are simply not designed to box or fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                    To me it just seems very similar to the normal disorganized circuit training most people engage in M/W/F where they go to the gym, move from station to station and do the same thing week after week then wonder why they don't see results they wanted.
                    Bingo, but as you said its better than doing f all in fairness, i'd still rather go for the piles and wet seat doe, probably tests the mind more than XFit too....

Comment

Working...
                    X