Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dwight Howard Joins The Houston Rockets

Sources: ESPN and Dwights twitter

Dwight Howard ✔ @DwightHoward

I've decided to become a member of the Houston Rockets. I feel its the best place for me and I am excited

Dwights not as big of a star as LeBron James is/was but I think he will be the most hated player this upcoming season like how Lebron was in his 1st year with the Heat.

Nash, Kobe, Artest, Gasol and Dwight were supposed to be winning a couple of championships while they were together. Although they got plagued by injuries(their coach was injured as well FFS!) they had a disaster season, barely squeezed into the playoffs in the 8th seed and got swept 0-4 in the 1st round. Now, everyone can have a bad season but after the hype they had I thought he was just milking his 'decision' but he would obviously stay in L.A. to save face and try to bring the city a championship. I thought he'd retire in L.A. honestly. Instead he just walked away from the problem.

I like Dwight, I'm a fan but.. I call it like I see it. It feels like a scumbag move. Plus he took a pay cut! L.A was offering 118 million for his next stint and he took Houstons 88 million instead.

Comment

Wow he let go of $30 mil?

Comment

Howard's call to the Lakers came hours after a person from his camp informed the team that he would not re-sign with Los Angeles, according to the source.

"He changed his mind," the source said. "Hey, he's Dwight. What can you say."

The source said Howard had a possible change of heart because of the extra $30 million he would be leaving on the table if he signed with Houston.

The Lakers could have given Howard a five-year deal worth $118 million while Houston can only offer $88 million over four years.

A Lakers source in the team's pitch meeting for Howard last Tuesday said they felt Howard had essentially "made up his mind" before even meeting with them and described him as "emotionless."

Comment

Red K for starting another Dwight Howard thread

Comment

Rumors on the exit

Howard told an additional source that the main reason he was leaving the Lakers is because he wasn't comfortable playing for coach Mike D'Antoni, a source told ESPN.

Howard also did not want to play 3-4 more years as a sidekick on Kobe Bryant's team, a source said, especially in a D'Antoni system that would rely heavily on 39-year-old point guard Steve Nash.

Comment

Working...
            X