Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is THIS why Lampley hates Foreman?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a great video to see if, like me, you enjoy watching Hamed dancing around on his way to the ring for 10 minutes while Foreman & Co talk about it: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=b3XCQR9-Zs4

For some reason the uploader has disabled embedding, and the other versions of youtube don't seem to have the full entrance. I love the part of the fight when Hamed KOs Kelly, and Foreman shouts "he's for real, the Prince is for real!"

Comment

"You talk about the Prince of Power, we've seen one in there"

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pFhrrt...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by T-97 View Post
        Foreman got mad cause he liked Naz a lot. All the way through the fight he was on about "Ohh but he's gotta be careful, 1 shot from the prince could turn this around" and that, while he was getting schooled.
        My favorite is during the Corrales-Mayweather fight right before the 5th knockdown. "One punch is all it takes, Corrales is like a cobra!" Corrales then proceeds to dance on his knees after a few lead rights.

Originally posted by Tengoshi View Post
        Incidentally, does anyone know why Foreman eschewed the stool in the corner during the comeback? I understand why a fighter should remain standing after taking large amounts of punishment or being injured, but where is the benefit in doing it perpetually? I'm presuming it had something to do with age and his muscles/joints.
        During the Juan Diaz-Suico fight, Suico never sat down in the corner and Lampley mentioned that it reminded him of George Foreman. Apparently Foreman said that it took more energy to sit down and get up than he would be able to conserve sitting.

I hope that I never become that old and heavy.

Comment

He was making fun of Naseems religion, Foremans a very religous person so it's going to piss him off is'nt it?

Comment

that was an ignorant thing to say, and foreman is a religious guy but he is a strong CHRISTIAN, he used to be a pastor so to say he like Hammed because he is a religious man is silly. Foreman was right to pull Lampley up for some dumb **** like that

Comment

Jim Lampley is a typical American!!

All praises to Allah!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tengoshi View Post
                On a side note, if they're going to use a boxer-commentator they need to bring back Leonard. He had to be the best of the ones which have been tried.
                You know who was a really brilliant fighter turned commentator? Carlos Palomino. He was one of the better guys I've ever heard. Very clear and articulate speaking voice and unlike so many other fighters he didn't have his own preference that so obviously came out for a particular fighter's style. He just told it exactly as it was but with a fighters understanding of being in there. He was great and I wished they had kept him on. I believe he did it for a while though.

More recently Nate Campbell was very good also. Whenever I heard Big George he always frustrated the hell out of me. His preference of a fighters so outweighed what was actually happening that it just made him look like a complete moron most of the time. He was terrible. Lewis frustrated me quite often too, as he seems just a little bit too stupid and slow. Nice guy and all, just maybe not for fight commentary. Jones Jr wasn't too bad. I do agree though that Leonard was always very good and never had any particular bias show up for anything. He always had a good understanding of the media and what it meant to be on TV and I think that's why he was better than most other guys. He was also well spoken and articulate, unlike so many others.

I didn't mind Lampley, Merchant etc too much. They had their moronic periods but overall they were pretty good. They do need to find better fighter/commentators though as they can really add interesting perspective and comments. They also, if the right guy was found, have slightly more colorful personalities.

Comment

Working...
                X