No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amir Khan Looks Set To Part Ways With Freddie Roach

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Amir Khan Looks Set To Part Ways With Freddie Roach

AMIR KHAN is set to sensationally AXE his top American trainer Freddie Roach.

Two-time world champion Khan, 25, suffered his second successive defeat when he lost his light-welterweight crowns to Danny Garcia, 24.

Roach’s top priority is Manny Pacquiao, with the Filipino star due to fight on December 8.

Khan’s next outing is on December 15 and he will not put up with a joint-training camp for the two fighters – as ­happened when he fought Garcia.

[Click Here To Read More]

khan should hire floyd Sr... But in all seriousness, I like Khan, he is exciting to watch, who ever he decides as his next trainer, I just hope he doesn't change his exciting style by too much and become a timid and boring defensive minded fighter.

Comment

AMIR KHAN is set to sensationally AXE his top American trainer Freddie Roach.

Comment

He actually should hire Sr.

Maybe then Khan would learn some actual defense for a change, Freddie Roach fighters lack in that department because he can't teach them what he never learned himself.

Comment

i love khan but how many trainers/coaches is he going to blame and fire for his own faults?

Comment

I hope he knows that no trainer will make him their priority.

Comment

I would suggest Khan not to hire Floyd Sr because Floyd Sr is not even that focused as a trainer and has major health problems. He totally messed up Ricky Hatton's training camp for Pacquiao. Khan should go with a not so big name trainer who is still all balls and no nonsense. Roach had Khan fighting like Pacquiao and Khan has too many gifts to fight like that. I still think Garcia would have KO'd him again in a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Perro View Post
                I hope he knows that no trainer will make him their priority.
                For a lot of trainers out there, Khan would be their top money maker, who has the potential to box for another 10 years, so I very much doubt that.

Comment

plenty of fighters would make him priority ... coming from khans biggest detractor ...

Comment

Originally posted by boxingmanic View Post
                    For a lot of trainers out there, Khan would be their top money maker, who has the potential to box for another 10 years, so I very much doubt that.
                    Maybe obscure trainers, but if he's looking at guys like Steward, Robert Garcia, Pedro Diaz, or Joel Diaz I don't know if he'll be #1 priority. But I guess it doesn't really matter unless two fighters under the same trainer have a fight coming up around the same time.

Comment

Working...
                    X