No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Siaca: Miguel Cotto Must Dominate Early To Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Siaca: Miguel Cotto Must Dominate Early To Win

Puerto Rican trainer Manuel Siaca Sr. has advised WBA junior middleweight champion Miguel Cotto to attack, and hurt, Antonio Margarito in the early rounds of their December 3rd rematch - taking place at New York's Madison Square Garden.

The longer the fight plays out and Cotto waits, the tougher it's going to be for the champion from Puerto Rico, says Siaca. The respected trainer views an early assault as the key ingredient to beating Margarito.

"I'll tell you the truth, if Cotto does not press the fight and dominate in the early rounds, he is going to have problems. Margarito is strong down the stretch. After the sixth, Margarito is very hard to beat. He has to be neutralized first," Siaca told Jose Sanchez. [Click Here To Read More]

i kind of agree with this. the fake champion pacquiao peppered cheato all night long because he was slow and only knows how to fight coming forward. but cotto hits harder than pac and a clean shot or some stiff jabs on the eye will change a man.justice is served better from the victim. war cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by flint View Post
      i kind of agree with this. the fake champion pacquiao peppered cheato all night long because he was slow and only knows how to fight coming forward. but cotto hits harder than pac and a clean shot or some stiff jabs on the eye will change a man.justice is served better from the victim. war cotto.
      That “peppered” attack resulted with Margarito taking the beating of his life with an unnecessary outcome (sacrificing his eye).

Like I said in a previous thread, I think the key points for a victory for Cotto would be:

-Keep your back off the ropes

-Be consistent with your jab

-Use less leg movement

-Hold Margarito more to conserve energy

-Don’t be a head hunter going only for the eye mix it up going to the body

-Get Margarito’s respect early in the fight.

By the way, I’m one of the few who think if Cotto wins it would be on the score cards and not by KO/TKO.

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
        That “peppered” attack resulted with Margarito taking the beating of his life with an unnecessary outcome (sacrificing his eye).

Like I said in a previous thread, I think the key points for a victory for Cotto would be:

-Keep your back off the ropes

-Be consistent with your jab

-Use less leg movement

-Hold Margarito more to conserve energy

-Don’t be a head hunter going only for the eye mix it up going to the body

-Get Margarito’s respect early in the fight.

By the way, I’m one of the few who think if Cotto wins it would be on the score cards and not by KO/TKO.
        Cotto must keep his back off the rope. That was his biggest flaw in the first fight. Also if he can get into Margarito's chest & stay there, he can render Margarito ineffective. Just watch out for the uppercut.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNDaBox View Post
          Puerto Rican trainer Manuel Siaca Sr. has advised WBA junior middleweight champion Miguel Cotto to attack, and hurt, Antonio Margarito in the early rounds of their December 3rd rematch - taking place at New York's Madison Square Garden.

The longer the fight plays out and Cotto waits, the tougher it's going to be for the champion from Puerto Rico, says Siaca. The respected trainer views an early assault as the key ingredient to beating Margarito.

"I'll tell you the truth, if Cotto does not press the fight and dominate in the early rounds, he is going to have problems. Margarito is strong down the stretch. After the sixth, Margarito is very hard to beat. He has to be neutralized first," Siaca told Jose Sanchez. [Click Here To Read More]
          Cotto wont be able to pull the trigger

Comment

I disagree cotto has to save his energy cause margarito is going to be ready for 12 rounds... The only way is taking the eye out!!!!!!! and the ref stoppping the fight

Comment

I'm not sure I understand this trainer. I think that Cotto needs to use his energy wisely and not go for the kill early. He needs to establish his jab, stay off the ropes, pivot and or hold when Margarito comes in AND work the body. He needs to do these things from the start. And hopefully by the middle rounds a frustrated Margarito wont have the legs to support his aggresive style.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                Cotto must keep his back off the rope. That was his biggest flaw in the first fight. Also if he can get into Margarito's chest & stay there, he can render Margarito ineffective. Just watch out for the uppercut.
                Co-sign, and if Cotto can also keep the fight in the center of the ring it would be to his benefit.

Hopefully the Cotto camp is using some basics from the Mosley/Margarito scrap for their game plan in this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
                  co-sign, and if cotto can also keep the fight in the center of the ring it would be to his benefit.

Hopefully the cotto camp is using some basics from the mosley/margarito scrap for their game plan in this fight.
                  cotto needs to smash the eye again and again he must draw blood early margarito wants to die in the ring - give him his wish !

Comment

Originally posted by Mutchie6g View Post
                    cotto needs to smash the eye again and again he must draw blood early margarito wants to die in the ring - give him his wish !
                    Damn dude, you really have a blood lust for this..

Comment

Working...
                    X