Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If a green Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez can fight Floyd, why can't Thurman, Khan or Brook?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xi_ View Post
    Quite possibly one of the dumbest things I've read on this site. Tell me......what has Canelo done without Floyd? Has he ever done over 400k by himself? If not how does Canelo catapult Floyd from 800k(which is still more than double of what Canelo has ever done by himself) to 2.2 mil?
    The combo of the two boxers and the potential the fight had escalated the two boxers sales for that fight. It was the perfect combo. Neither fighter has came close to that status since.

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
      Floyd Mayweather is damn near 38 years old and at least seven years past his prime. The clowns on this site who post hate threads every day act as if Floyd Mayweather is still 24 and is fighting at his best weight.

In reality, any fighter in his 20s who is in his prime SHOULD beat Mayweather, including Khan, Brook and Thurman. The fact that Alvarez could barely win a round against him is either a testament to how great Mayweather is or just how overated Alvarez was. The fact that there are continuous discussions about one of these fighters giving Floyd trouble is a testament to how much better Floyd is than these supposedly great, young, in-their-prime fighters.
      When Floyd offers you a fight you take it. Manny tried to play chicken with Floyd and look how he turned out. A Floyd fight was free money for Canelo. Canelo could loose to Floyd and still keep his fan base because there's no shame loosing to Floyd. But if Canelo goes out and looses to some other stiff his fan base bails quicker than **** through a goose.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
        it would take a real special person to think canelo at 23 who's best win was a hypejob in austin trout wasn't green vs the p4p #1 fighter of the world
        Quillin is greener than Canelo and that hasn't stopped you GGG fanboys from calling him out.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
          What you said Canelo should've done is pretty much how I was expecting the fight to go and was surprised to see Floyd walking Canelo down on the opening bell. I know Canelo is loyal but I think he hasn't reached his ceiling while his trainer have. He needs new ones .
          I've only seen the fight once and don't remember Floyd walking him down at all. Maybe only in the 8th round after Nelo was gassed and already defeated, at least mebtally. I remember clearly the first couple rounds being tit 4 tat with Floyd doing a little more each round.

Comment

To answer TS question....Because Floyd is a Coward .

"And of course, I'm probably not looking to fight six strong champions. I'm a lot older now, you know what I'm saying?" -Floyd Mayweather

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=542020

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
              I've only seen the fight once and don't remember Floyd walking him down at all. Maybe only in the 8th round after Nelo was gassed and already defeated, at least mebtally. I remember clearly the first couple rounds being tit 4 tat with Floyd doing a little more each round.
              You dont have to watch more than a round. Just watch the opening bell and it happened more during the fight also. My word is as good as Abe Lincoln. I wouldnt lie.

Comment

Canelo brings alot to the table, money, fans, and he had the wbc champ and just beat the guy who beat cotto so canelo was ripe for the pickings.

Comment

Canelo was the second best in the division and fought trout. Khan will prob fight Floyd next. But Thurman and brook need another win. Plus canelo was popular

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                    When Floyd offers you a fight you take it. Manny tried to play chicken with Floyd and look how he turned out. A Floyd fight was free money for Canelo. Canelo could loose to Floyd and still keep his fan base because there's no shame loosing to Floyd. But if Canelo goes out and looses to some other stiff his fan base bails quicker than **** through a goose.
                    People lose fights bruh. Sometimes good boxers have bad nights. Sometimes bad boxers have good nights. I don't think Canelos fan base is going anywhere. He's Mexican, and they are ride or die. Look at Marquez, 8-losses some to guys that he should have beat. Mexico loves him.

Yeah Canelo is no Marquez, but he's also 24.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                      Quillin is greener than Canelo and that hasn't stopped you GGG fanboys from calling him out.
                      Quillin is a champ and one of the better fighters in what I think is a weak division. What I'm getting at is they should be fighting. And like NOW.

Comment

Working...
                      X