No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: The Thrill of the Chase Continues To Motivate Hopkins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: The Thrill of the Chase Continues To Motivate Hopkins

By Jake Donovan - Bernard Hopkins has achieved just about everything a fighter in his position could ever possibly ask for. He’d have still been celebrated as a first round Hall of Famer if he decided to call it a career immediately after his historic middleweight championship winning effort over Felix Trinidad more than a decade ago.

Instead, Hopkins decided to march towards the history books. Well over a decade later, the pursuit of his own records and upsetting the apple cart continue to drive the 48-year old former two-division world champion.

Those motivating factors have led Philly’s finest to this weekend’s challenge, when he faces unbeaten Tavoris Cloud for a piece of the light heavyweight crown. The two square off at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, with HBO to televise.

A win would allow Hopkins (52-6-2, 32KO) to shatter his own record of becoming the oldest fighter ever to win a title of any kind. But even if he manages to once again outdo himself, don’t expect him to stop there.

“What drives me is that I'm not satisfied, even though I know I've done a lot to be grateful for, and I am. Trust me, I am. God knows I am. But I'm the kind of person that if I'm not satisfied, not unsatisfied or selfish, not to a point where there’s nothing to be done. So I'm the type of person, again, when I'm not satisfied I keep driving,” states Hopkins, who gives away 17 years in age to the unbeaten Cloud (24-0, 19KO). [Click Here To Read More]

It's a long, long time since I have not been able to read a Jake Donovan article from start to finish-if ever. I was following where it was going until I got to the "satisfied, unsatisfied, upside-down, back-to-front gobblede****. Of course that's the way Hopkins is, voluble to incoherency, completely satisfied (pun) with the sound of his own voice.

Anyway,I have just ordinary intelligence and that was enough for me. I felt I should remark on it.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
      It's a long, long time since I have not been able to read a Jake Donovan article from start to finish-if ever. I was following where it was going until I got to the "satisfied, unsatisfied, upside-down, back-to-front gobblede****. Of course that's the way Hopkins is, voluble to incoherency, completely satisfied (pun) with the sound of his own voice.

Anyway,I have just ordinary intelligence and that was enough for me. I felt I should remark on it.
      I have no idea why my term is "starred". I just used a commonplace description of voluble, contorted confusion.

Comment

This is going to be an execution of the old school for Hopkins. Cloud has neither the skill or experience to be playing with the likes of Hopkins.

Comment

HoWould live to see BHop score a good ol fashioned schooling over Cloud.....he appears to still be very capable in al facets of his trickery - this won't be all that easy for BHop though..

Comment

Too bad they shut down the manufacturing plant that produces these type of fighters. We had a brief stint with the Punisher. Hell maybe my bwoy Trout can fill in the whole P Dub left.

Comment

Working...
            X