No announcement yet.

Vitali’s Performance Was a Tribute To Lennox Lewis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing_Girl23 View Post
    Then Vitali should be considered a better Heavyweight then Lennox cause Lewis only retired cause he had to face Vitali again or be stripped of his title and he chose to retire.
    That's about the smartest logic I've seen here today and I see some pretty damn smart logic here!

Ok. Where were we? Oh ... Klit. I think a lot of people don't really understand what was happening to Klit's eye. That thing was a severe mess. Another two rounds, and Lewis was getting stronger, and it would have swollen over his eye and kept splitting further down and across. Imagine Vargas' eye against Mosley with Klit's cut over the top ... Because that's what would have eventually happened.

Folks also don't get the fact that Lewis hardly trained at all. He had never come into a fight in worse shape, which is his own stupid fault, but it just shows you that if they had had a rematch with the proper Lewis, as in the one that was in against Tyson, it would have been a lot worse for Klit and a lot easier for Lewis.

It's not as if Klit was going to start seeing out of his eye suddenyl or that his team were going to stop the bleeding or keep the cut from reopening and getting bigger is it? If you can do damage to your opponents facial tissue, you can win the fight by making it so bad that the fight has to be stopped due to the danger to the other guy. Lewis executed that strategy to perfection. There has rarely been a cut as bad as that one and Lewis was going to do everything to make it worse. That was a genuine win and not some 'luck' thing like all the Klit fans seem to think it was. It didn't happen by accident, it happened because Lewis was trying to break Klit's face open exactly as he did! No different from if he had out-pointed him or even knocked him out.

Comment

Originally posted by Thread Stealer View Post
      Yes, but every time Hasim Rahman fights, Lennox Lewis's legacy diminishes.

an article hugging Lewis`nuts how surprising

Comment

Lewis was in great shape and was soundly beaten by Vitali.

The stoppage was a good one, but Lewis was NOT taking over that fight. He could have as well been stopped, and wouldn't have lasted another round. He was done as well.

Comment

Originally posted by kayjay View Post
          Lewis was in great shape and was soundly beaten by Vitali.The stoppage was a good one, but Lewis was NOT taking over that fight. He could have as well been stopped, and wouldn't have lasted another round. He was done as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing_Girl23 View Post
            Then Vitali should be considered a better Heavyweight then Lennox cause Lewis only retired cause he had to face Vitali again or be stripped of his title and he chose to retire.
            By your logic Rahman should be considered a better HW than Vitali because he retired rather than face Rahman 4 different times..

Dumb logic.......

Comment

The stoppage was a good one, but Lewis was NOT taking over that fight. He could have as well been stopped, and wouldn't have lasted another round. He was done as well.
              I have seen this fight many times no one was being soundly beaten that’s just stupid, and we all know how old lewis was.

Comment

Lennox Lewis superb HW an ATG

Comment

where does people get it from that vk was in tip top shape, why would he ?

he was preraring for cedric boswell if i remember correctly anf LL was preparing for kirk johnson.

now going from boswell to lewis is a bigger step than going from jonson to vk

Comment

Sorry Kayjay I'm disappointed in you. From someone who's intellect I respect this has to be the dumbest thing you've ever said.

Lewis was NOT in great shape, his own stupid fault but he wasn't FACT.
                    Lewis was NOT soundly beaten by Vitali. He was definately behind and definately struggled, in them first 3 rounds especially.

Vitali hurt Lewis in them early rounds anyone can see that, but Lewis despite being very tired was taking over the fight. Vitali was exhausted more so than Lewis and had given it his all. Klits punches after the 4th round were not having the same impact as earlier on and Klit was stumbing forward and holding at every opportunity. Lewis' punches from the 4th started getting more snap and YES he was in a bad way but he was still too strong.

Had the fight gone on Vitali would IMO have either been knocked out or left half blind. Maybe Klit could have landed a punch and sparked Lewis that was always a possibility but the most likely outcome was Lewis was always going to win. The Ref stopped it at the right time and saved Vitalis career.

Comment

The way I see it is Lewis in his own mind had nothing to prove after beating Tyson its the fight he had wanted for years. He WAS in poor shape and he had not fought for a year what do you expect?? His best? As the fight went on he did look better and to be fair unless the cuts were accidental Vitali fans have nothing to cry out!! Lewis smashed his face up end of story, whether he was winning on points is fairly irrelivant when there is no way his face would have held up for twelve rounds. What more does Lewis have to prove? Zip!

Peter was hand picked for Vitali he wont face anyone with any speed or footwork.

And Lewis wont come back, Vitali needs him to make his world championship legitimate.

As for the cat calls about Rahman, I am surprised there hasnt been people talking about McCall as well. Lewis lost by KO yes but then destroyed Rahman and McCall had a little cry in the ring what more do you want!!!

Next it will be him having a weak chin.....

Comment

Working...
                      X