Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesn't Kermit Cintron give a shot at 154?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by egreezy View Post
    so your saying he's not a big puncher because he didn't hurt margarito? who has one of the better chins, cmon
    im sorry but the first elite guy he faced fathered him twice and made him cry...

Comment

Cintron can pop and hes only lost to a elite fighter. I think the best from him is yet to come.

Mayorga-Cintron at 154. Make it happen Don.

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
        Because he can't deal with pressure and fighters at 154 will have size, meaning they are more likely to pressure, right?

Listen, the Feliciano fight is terrible for him. He couldn't deal with a... like... D level fighter. Feliciano lost every round against Tsurkan in a war. Tsurkan lost every round against Angulo in a war. That is not good for Feliciano. And Feliciano's pressure really REALLY got to Cintron.

Any big fighter who can pressure halfway okay will beat Cintron, and those will be prevalent at 154.
        Anyone care to take a shot at this post?

Comment

Feliciano took Cintron to hell. Between that fight, the Estrada fight and the two Margarito fights dont be surprised if he has taken more than his body can handle. Don't be surprised if Ndou out hussles him.

That being said, Cintron KO10 NDou.

Comment

Anyone care to take a shot at this post?
            No, because its excellent. Even though NDou is little, he puts on an insane amount of pressure and has been in with some of the best, and certainly better that Cintron.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/v/BWGeG12R7OI&hl=en&fs=1

around 45 sec left in round1

Comment

Because he can't deal with pressure and fighters at 154 will have size, meaning they are more likely to pressure, right?

Listen, the Feliciano fight is terrible for him. He couldn't deal with a... like... D level fighter. Feliciano lost every round against Tsurkan in a war. Tsurkan lost every round against Angulo in a war. That is not good for Feliciano. And Feliciano's pressure really REALLY got to Cintron.

Any big fighter who can pressure halfway okay will beat Cintron, and those will be prevalent at 154.
                Solid post with very good points but its all based on prediction. You dont know how he will fare at 154 because you have never seen him fight there. At 5"11 and a reach of 74“ he is plenty big enough for the move up and might carry even more power. Cintron didnt look good against Jesse Feliciano but he did knock him out. He lost some rounds yeah but a KO is a KO. You cant really use the fighter A gave fighter B problems, so fighter C isnt going anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Slotff View Post
                  No, because its excellent. Even though NDou is little, he puts on an insane amount of pressure and has been in with some of the best, and certainly better that Cintron.
                  Agreed, he put on a great show of pressure against Malignaggi in the rematch. It was a pretty good performance, considering how bad he got dominated in the first fight.

Originally posted by Darkstar View Post
                  Solid post with very good points but its all based on prediction. You dont know how he will fare at 154 because you have never seen him fight there. At 5"11 and a reach of 74“ he is plenty big enough for the move up and might carry even more power. Cintron didnt look good against Jesse Feliciano but he did knock him out. He lost some rounds yeah but a KO is a KO. You cant really use the fighter A gave fighter B problems, so fighter C isnt going anywhere.
                  I don't think power is the issue really... he just doesn't seem to understand how to fight backing up, which is strange, because sluggers are supposed to be able to blow pressure fighters out with their huge punch. For some reason, he doesn't seem to be able to throw hard when he is backing up and doesn't have the balls to really just sit down and throw hard when they are coming in. I'm kind of wondering if he has a bad chin or something and backs up to avoid it getting hit. It just seems to be mindset more than anything.

The only reason I thought that triangle theory had some credibility in this instance is because they all fight warrior style and all of their fights were fought in the same manner, in wars.

Comment

Agreed, he put on a great show of pressure against Malignaggi in the rematch. It was a pretty good performance, considering how bad he got dominated in the first fight.

I don't think power is the issue really... he just doesn't seem to understand how to fight backing up, which is strange, because sluggers are supposed to be able to blow pressure fighters out with their huge punch. For some reason, he doesn't seem to be able to throw hard when he is backing up and doesn't have the balls to really just sit down and throw hard when they are coming in. I'm kind of wondering if he has a bad chin or something and backs up to avoid it getting hit. It just seems to be mindset more than anything.

The only reason I thought that triangle theory had some credibility in this instance is because they all fight warrior style and all of their fights were fought in the same manner, in wars.
                    Yeah thats true but to be fair he did have some hand problems, which he says held him back. He did have surgery, so it was a real problem.

I seen your post and gave it a 30 sec try, I agree he doesnt deal with pressure well. Kinda off topic but I like Cintron. He does a mailbag at ringside report and always answers my emails. Hell even a few times he sent a personal email back just to talk about boxing. I really do think hes coming back better than ever.

You think he beats Lovemore Ndou? I think Cintron wins, might even stop him.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar View Post
                      Yeah thats true but to be fair he did have some hand problems, which he says held him back. He did have surgery, so it was a real problem.

I seen your post and gave it a 30 sec try, I agree he doesnt deal with pressure well. Kinda off topic but I like Cintron. He does a mailbag at ringside report and always answers my emails. Hell even a few times he sent a personal email back just to talk about boxing. I really do think hes coming back better than ever.

You think he beats Lovemore Ndou? I think Cintron wins, might even stop him.
                      The irritating part with hand injuries is they usually repeat themselves. Not many fighters have those once and then never again.

I was apart of RSR, until they did the remodel, then I said **** it... it was a bit small for my taste anyway.

I honestly don't know if he beats N'dou. I haven't seen a ton of Cintron, and I've only seen N'dou once (Malignaggi II), but... Cintron probably does find a way to beat, and possibly KO N'dou. I just think that N'dou will probably lose out on some of the pressure factor because he is small.

Comment

Working...
                      X