Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sports analyst Jim Nantz' divorce settlement...OUCH.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Sports analyst Jim Nantz' divorce settlement...OUCH.

Ex-wife scores big on Nantz

Last Updated: 2:05 AM, November 4, 2009

Posted: 12:32 AM, November 4, 2009

Top CBS sportscaster Jim Nantzwill have to fork over nearly $1 million a year plus the keys to a Connecticut colonial mansion in a freshly-inked divorce settlement with his ex-wife, following a trial where it was revealed that he began squiring a 29-year-old honey last year

A Connecticut judge ruled that Nantz, who earns $7 million a year, will have to pay his ex, Lorrie, $72,000 a month in alimony for the rest of her life, plus $1,000 a week in child support until their 16-year-old daughter turns 23

That comes out to about $550,000 a year after taxes. Despite the hefty settlement with his spouse of 26 years, the 50-year-old college hoops and golf guru isn't going to put up a fight -- she'd been asking for $1.5 million a year.

"It was an amicable split," Nantz's lawyer,
    Gaetano Ferro, told The Post's Lukas I. Alpert. "He always wanted a peaceful resolution of an unfortunate situation. He wants to put it behind him." Lorrie's lawyer didn't return our call
    In addition to the cash, Nantz has to give up their sprawling Westport mansion, plus a condo they had bought for Lorrie's mother. He also must keep her as a beneficiary on his $3 million life insurance.

The pair's marriage had long been on the rocks. Nantz tearfully testified that Lorrie did little to support him and his career, refusing to travel and prompting him to turn down a hosting slot for the CBS "Early Show" because she was against it.

He even claimed Lorrie refused to allow him to hang an oil painting of himself that he was given as part of a "man of the year award" from the New York Athletic Club.

It emerged at the trial that Nantz had shacked up with a much younger woman he met during a book tour last summer, before his divorce was finalized. But Judge
    Howard Owens-- who described Nantz as "our nation's most prominent sportscaster" -- said that "this remote event in no way contributed to the breakdown of the marriage."

CBS sportscaster Jim Nantz will have to fork over nearly $1 million a year plus the keys to a Connecticut colonial mansion in a freshly-inked divorce settlement with his ex-wife, following a trial where it was revealed that he began squiring a 29-year-old honey last year.

A Connecticut judge ruled that Nantz, who earns $7 million a year, will have to pay his ex, Lorrie, $72,000 a month in alimony for the rest of her life, plus $1,000 a week in child support until their 16-year-old daughter turns 23.

That comes out to about $550,000 a year after taxes. Despite the hefty settlement with his spouse of 26 years, the 50-year-old college hoops and golf guru isn't going to put up a fight -- she'd been asking for $1.5 million a year.

Damn I hate women. The kids should be the only party to benefit from a divorce. Most wives do f**k all while the man is out at work putting food on the table. In a case like this which involves a multi millionaire husband, the woman should get the house, and maybe a one off payment of a few million dollars. And with that payment she would have to support the kids. No way does she deserve one million a year for the rest of her life. My mum brought up three kids perfectly enough on £25,000 a year. Why does this woman need 40 times that to care for herself and her kids?

I'm glad that sportscaster was dicking someone else.

Comment

damn that sucks.

Someone explain to me why he has to pay her so much? Or how alimony is determined

Comment

holy mother of god! that **** seriously makes me think thrice about even CONSIDERING marriage.

Comment

Originally posted by texanballer View Post
          damn that sucks.

Someone explain to me why he has to pay her so much? Or how alimony is determined
          What sucks is that there is no "standard" for alimony. In california, a community property state, she would get HALF.

In other states, you can negotiate with the attorneys and work out a settlement. As someone who cheated, his infidelity would be a problem if/when he went in front of a jury full of women.

He wouldn't be viewed sympathetically. another rich, good-looking guy who screws around.

The fat housewives on the jury would empathize with the "wounded wife" and take Jim to the cleaners.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
            holy mother of god! that **** seriously makes me think thrice about even CONSIDERING marriage.
            The worst part to me is that he has to keep her as the beneficiary of his life insurance. She will benefit even when he dies. WTH.

He will be paying her even in death!!

LOL @ Thrice. Ain't that the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Haymon View Post
              What sucks is that there is no "standard" for alimony. In california, a community property state, she would get HALF.

In other states, you can negotiate with the attorneys and work out a settlement. As someone who cheated, his infidelity would be a problem if/when he went in front of a jury full of women.

He wouldn't be viewed sympathetically. another rich, good-looking guy who screws around.

The fat housewives on the jury would empathize with the "wounded wife" and take Jim to the cleaners.
              How come women dont ever have to pay? What does it take for that to happen

Comment

More evidence about how our legal system is flawed, and that women clamoring for equal rights should **** off, since they infact do get special treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Haymon View Post
                  The worst part to me is that he has to keep her as the beneficiary of his life insurance. She will benefit even when he dies. WTH.

He will be paying her even in death!!

LOL @ Thrice. Ain't that the truth.
                  I take that back. The life insurance is TIED with having to buy her mother a condo.

Comment

Originally posted by texanballer View Post
                    How come women dont ever have to pay? What does it take for that to happen
                    Sometimes women do pay.

Kevin Federline gets paid by Britney, and that back-up dancer got $10 million for banging J-Lo for a year.

Comment

Working...
                    X