Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Economics behidn Canelo/Floyd: How Floyd gets his 41 Mill guarantee

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great read! Those guys know how to make money! That's a great talent to posses!

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      rofl....

he resposted a bleacherreport article.
      So what you ****** LOL , he posted it here not you , I don't care where he got it from it was a great read good on him for finding it and sharing .

Comment

The real winners in all of this are the Cable/PPV providers. They get paid first and make at least 50% and don't have to pay expenses or fighters.

This fight can easily lose money and both Shaeffer and Espinoza said it.

They aren't getting anything from the MGM for a site fee.

They are getting less than $2 million in sponsors but spend over $80 million in marketing.

Merchandise only does a couple hundred thousand.

Most of the money from the movie theaters goes to the theaters and its parent company.

I'm estimating the break even number for this fight is over 2 million buys and this fight doesn't do 1.5

Is CBS/SHO loses money again ppl are gonna end up missing.

Comment

Reposted or not, this was simply one of the best reads i`ve ever read on BS and i was able to read it bcoz u took yo time and effort to post here, very informative and only an idiot can think of something to criticize first b4 praising this.Green K for u my man!!

Comment

Huh, so this is what is feels like to use my brain when reading a post on boxingscene. I'm not use to this. Mad props for putting this up.

Comment

Great read very informative

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                The real winners in all of this are the Cable/PPV providers. They get paid first and make at least 50% and don't have to pay expenses or fighters.

They are getting less than $2 million in sponsors but spend over $80 million in marketing.

Most of the money from the movie theaters goes to the theaters and its parent company.

I'm estimating the break even number for this fight is over 2 million buys and this fight doesn't do 1.5

Dude, go ask your dear uncle bob to explain to you how and how much money he makes pimping pacquiao and how much he pays him.. Im sure he will be kind enough to explain his scam errr i mean economic model to you... Lmfao!

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post

Hate by any means necessary. At any cost.

Comment

This really is an awful business model for gb what I said before, they always will be the 2nd rate promoters

They barely make any money from ppvs, while top rank makes a few million at least. Once Floyd goes, what will gb do? They are screwed their best guys lost to Floyd and they made no money

Its so stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Cupo303 View Post

Well yeah.

Although I didn't expect any tugjobs, I will take some credit for the effort in making this long article presentable by bolding titles and posting their articles pictures. A simple copy/past job it was not.
                      Before you take credit for yourself, where is the link to the original article and credit to the original author?

Comment

Working...
                      X