Collapse
No announcement yet.

all of these MMA fighters linking up with Boxing Trainers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boxing is 1 aspect of MMA, why wouldn't you hook up with a boxing trainer. They also train with Muy Thai and BJJ trainers to work on those aspects of their game.

Comment

Depends on the fighter. Arlovski trained at the Wild Card. He was apparently ready for the Klitschkos. That turned out well.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
        why not hook up with boxing trainers for your stand up??
        what i was getting at is that it shows how boxing is superior which we all know. and all of the guys who won their fights in that last MMA fight, won by boxing.

which im sure the MMA fans arent liking, too much. although i did find the fights boring
        Last edited by Pacquiao'd; 02-26-2011, 12:53 AM.

Comment

Haha...yeah. I love the people who say "this is way better than boxing" after 12 minutes of laying around, and then one guy gets knocked out with punches. It makes the sport more watchable which is good.

Comment

Originally posted by yesir View Post
            what i was getting at is that it shows how boxing is superior which we all know. and all of the guys who won their fights in that last MMA fight, won by boxing.

which im sure the MMA fans arent liking, too much. although i did find the fights boring
            doesnt prove anything..proves they want the best trainers for their stand up game...they have several differnat trainers for differant ascpects of their game,..thats why its call MIXED martial arts

Comment

I don't care for or watch MMA but that is a good move on their part if they want to learn how to punch correctly and effectively.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
                doesnt prove anything..proves they want the best trainers for their stand up game...they have several differnat trainers for differant ascpects of their game,..thats why its call MIXED martial arts
                im not out to prove anything, larry. again, you are missing my point. what im saying is that, i wonder how MMA fans are reacting to it b.c these fighters, well atleast in that last fight, are relying more on boxing than anything which brings the excitement factor down for the MMA fans, id imgaine.

so i wonder what they think about it

Comment

Originally posted by yesir View Post
                  im not out to prove anything, larry. again, you are missing my point. what im saying is that, i wonder how MMA fans are reacting to it b.c these fighters, well atleast in that last fight, are relying more on boxing than anything which brings the excitement factor down for the MMA fans, id imgaine.

so i wonder what they think about it
                  It doesn't have anything to do with Boxing being superior. These MMA guys know going to Boxing trainers is going to help on the stand up side of their game (which is the first stance they take when the fight begins). Guys like GSP and BJ Penn have trained with Freddie Roach and have utilized their boxing skills in fights, but the majority of their fights are still won on the ground.

Comment

GSP jabbed the poop out of Koscheck in UFC 124 because of his training with Roach

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X