No announcement yet.

all of these MMA fighters linking up with Boxing Trainers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• all of these MMA fighters linking up with Boxing Trainers

i watched the last MMA fight with silva and them and its funny how all of these MMA fighters are boxing like crazy, now...i wonder if MMA fans feel that their sport is becoming boring.

Kenny said that BJ Penn linked up with mayweather Sr

Or could just be that boxing is one aspect of MMA and a good boxing trainer adding something to your game increases your chances of winning your fights

Comment

They just want to clean up their hands strike imo.

I hope it doesnt work for BJ Penn but it probably will. His boxing is alot better then most of the UFC guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar View Post
        They just want to clean up their hands strike imo.

I hope it doesnt work for BJ Penn but it probably will. His boxing is alot better then most of the UFC guys.
        I keep hearing people say this, yet everytime I see him fight his boxing looks ****ty. Did't he get jabbed to death by some midget?

Comment

Well people love knock outs and most MMA fighters could certainly stand to clean up their punching form and how they incorporate boxing into their stand up game.

Even slight improvements in those areas could help round out a guy a great deal.

Comment

GSP also trains with big boxing trainers/fighters, dude sparred with Lucian Bute

Comment

most of theem punch like kids..the need a boxing coach to show them how to throw one or defend against one. It can only help

Comment

why not hook up with boxing trainers for your stand up??

Comment

Originally posted by BattleHardened View Post
                  I keep hearing people say this, yet everytime I see him fight his boxing looks ****ty. Did't he get jabbed to death by some midget?
                  Yeah, Frankie Edgar was smaller and faster. Frankie definitely out boxed/fought him. Edgar has decent boxing himself and had a good in and out style.

Comment

if a boxer went to mma id hope theyd get coaches qualified to tech them takedowns and submissions

Comment

Working...
                    X