Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

rewatch and re-score alexander/kotelnik (video included)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rewatch and re-score alexander/kotelnik (video included)

warning, the vid is a grainy...

round 1
    alexander 10-9 kotelnik. close round. alexander was busier.

round 2
    alexander 10-9 kotelnik. close round. kotelnik look good in spots, but alexander was busier.

round 3
    alexander 9-10 kotelnik. not a close round. kotelnik clearly took this round.

round 4
    alexander 9-10 kotelnik. close round alexander busier, but kotelnik with the cleaner shots. gave it to kotelnik.

round 5
    alexander 9-10 kotelnik. very close round. kotelnik was landing flush shots, but alexander came back late, but kotelnik closed stronger.

round 6
    alexander 9-10 kotelnik. this round wasn't that close. kotelnik clearly took it. at this point compubox has kotelnik ahead by around 6 punches.

round 7
    alexander 10-9 kotelnik. really close round. devon was busier. kotelnik didn't throw enough imho.

round 8
    alexander 9-10 kotelnik. wow really close round. I'm giving it to kotelnik cause he finished stronger.

round 9
    alexander 10-9 kotelnik. really close round. kotelnik not busy enough and alexander ring generalship was better.

round 10
    alexander 10-9 kotelnik. another close round, but I gave it to alexander. he dug in deep and outworked kotelnik in this round.

round 11
    alexander 10-9 kotelnik. kotelnik got outworked.

round 12
    alexander 9-10 kotelnik. gave it to kotelnik, he landed the better shots.

total scores

alexander 114
    kotelnik 114

The first time I watch it I scored it to Alexander because all I could see was him throwing on my shaddy screen but haven't seen it again on HD Kotelnik won that fight but I wouldn't call it a robbery either.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      The first time I watch it I scored it to Alexander because all I could see was him throwing on my shaddy screen but haven't seen it again on HD Kotelnik won that fight but I wouldn't call it a robbery either.
      it was a close fight. kotelnik was alot better than in the khan fight. he was throwing more punches than in the khan fight but alexander doesn't have khan's height and reach advantage. but we know kotelnik was working on being busier.

I guess this is what devon gets for fighting a guy coming off a loss who had the determination to make adjustments and comeback better.

Comment

damn no one wants to rewatch or re-score this fight?

alexander is fighting in a week and a half for ****'s sake

Comment

many great guys struggeled in many of their fights some time ago.

now a fighter is protected his whole career with clever matchmaking. The handlers choose the oppenent which should make the fight look eazy to make their figher look greater.

in this fight a young talent fought a routinier. do you really think the young boy robbed the old one?

Comment

I had Kotelnik winning by a point or two. This fight definitely exposed Alexander. He's got pop, is fast and very explosive but he's too predictable to where a seasoned veteran like Kotelnik could expose him and make him pay with countering. Kotelnik's performance really made me a fan.

What the hell was Lederman smoking in this fight? Just because he's the busier guy? Kotelnik was landing the more effective, cleaner punches at a higher percentage in most rounds although some could've gone either way.

Comment

The fight was close,period.It wasn't a blind robbery,it could have gone either way.Alexander was definitely more busy & Kotelnik was more accurate.I think fights like that should be called a draw by default.Just like the B-Hop Pascal fight wasn't a robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSlickster View Post
                I had Kotelnik winning by a point or two. This fight definitely exposed Alexander. He's got pop, is fast and very explosive but he's too predictable to where a seasoned veteran like Kotelnik could expose him and make him pay with countering. Kotelnik's performance really made me a fan.

What the hell was Lederman smoking in this fight? Just because he's the busier guy? Kotelnik was landing the more effective, cleaner punches at a higher percentage in most rounds although some could've gone either way.
                it was a close fight and most rounds were close.

don't think alexander was exposed as much as kotelnik was much better in this fight than in the khan fight. kotelnik opened up a lot more and it helped him alot. he was landing the more accurate shots imho, but too few and far in between.

wouldn't say alexander is predictable. i would say that alexander is not a complete fighter. he can be slick and box and move, but he can't pressure or back you up if he needs to. he lacks a good inside game. maybe one dimensional is the right term.

Comment

kotelnick won the fight he was landing the better punches throughout the fight alexander threw alot missed alot also.

Comment

well, when you look at the scorecards, the fight was indeed a crooked up game and I have no problem with people shouting out robbery. the fight itself was close and could have gone otherway depends on which fight style you like and where you coming from.

Comment

Working...
                    X