No announcement yet.

Garcia vs. Judah nearly finalized for January 19

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBP View Post
    I still don't get the hate for this fight. Over the past few years this is what has happened in this division:

Judah beat Matthysse
    Khan beat Judah
    Garcia beat Khan

The top fighters in the division (Marquez aside since he probably won't fight any of these guys) are Garcia, Matthysse, Judah and Khan.

Then at the lower end you got Rios, Khabib, Guzman, Alvarado, etc. but Rios is with Top Rank and the other guys probably aren't on Garcia's radar.

But Garcia has the opportunity to clean out the division. He already defeated Khan. Now his hit list should include Judah and Matthysse for 2013.
    Matthysse AND Peterson. Like it or not, Peterson still got the close win over Khan, and if he comes back and gets a decent win over Holt, he'll be right back in the mix at the top of 140.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      Matthysse AND Peterson. Like it or not, Peterson still got the close win over Khan, and if he comes back and gets a decent win over Holt, he'll be right back in the mix at the top of 140.
      Good call. Completely forgot about Pete. He's clearly in the picture too with that hard fought win over Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
        What should've happened was Garcia/Matthysse and Judah/Peterson.

I also just noticed that Matthysse isn't ranked by any of the organizations. WTF happened?

Comment

Another fact I always like to bring up in Judah's defense is that a lot of his losses came at welterweight where he was small.

Record at 147-154 - 8-5
          Record at 140 - 34-2

Comment

I love how everyone is writting judah off YET AGAIN like they did vs Paris... then hopped on the band wagon... its a repeat all over again

DO NOT HOP ON THE JUDAH TRAIN after he KOs garcia... I dont want to hear any excuses

garcia struggles against khan lands a lucky punch, ok.. thats what yall were saying then.. he kos a WASHED UP morales... now all of a sudden he's suppose to walk thru judah? Lmao get real

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if Judah won this fight. Styles makes fights.

Comment

LMAO Do I need to re-bump the thread leading up to the Judah-Khan fight?

How many people were saying the Judah of the mid 90's would show up?

I said it before the Khan fight and I'm saying it again. Judah is done! I don't know why people continue to believe in this guy only to get let down every time. Just look at the pre-fight threads to Judah-Khan.

Those same people hyping Zab up had the nerve to schit on his name after the fight..... Hello! What did you expect???

At this stage, Zab is good enough to get descent wins, but that's where it stops. Anyone else that believe's otherwise is simply naive and will be the ones believing Canelo-Maidana will be a good fight as well until it happens.

There's no reason why Garcia-Mathysse isn't happening at this point since Mathysse-Garcia isn't happening. No reason whatsoever. Shame on the naive fans that love this fight.

Comment

Judah will fight good for about 4 rounds. Garcia does fight at a medium pace so it might benefit Judah to keep himself in the fight.

Can count out Judah's fast counters. A medium test for Garcia since everybody knows what Judah brings in the fight

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    Michael Meyers and Jason Voorhees have nothing on Super Judah. I knew this would happen, people will never give up on Judah, he can be 45 and coming off 10 knockout losses and people will still believe in him.
                    I think Zab Judah will lose. But to be fair, he is not 45 and he is not coming off 10 KO losses. He's actually 34 years old and is 8-2 in his last 10 fights. He's also won 3 fights that a lot of people thought he was going to lose, Matthysse, Mabuza, and Paris. He has 7 losses in 51 pro fights. Fighters with worst records and coming off a worst string of wins/losses have gotten even bigger chances than Zab. Let's not act like he's getting a big PPV fight and $5million dollars here.

If you don't like that I went back 10 fights for him, he's 4-1 in his last 5. He's not nearly as bad as people are making him out to be. His win over Matthysse was close, but legit, not a robbery at all. And he flatten both Paris and Mabuza. Judah is not a great fighter at all, but he is very good and did come back from the Khan fight by beating Paris. Zab Judah has to start being looked at as what he actually is used, and that is a dangerous gatekeeper with a name. He's a top notch gatekeeper.

Comment

Working...
                    X