Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who wanna see Pavlik on top again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LMAO no way this guy ever gets back to that peak EVER. His whole style and mental have been cracked and he has done nothing to show he can change or improve athletically to even allow it to happen.

Comment

He was never really that good to begin with and now he is even worse, without his immense size advantage he is ****ed at 168

Comment

im sick of hearing about him, go away pavlik

Comment

I can't see any way Pavlik can get back to even close to his best again. He's not shown anything since the Hopkins mindraping.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk Punch View Post
            I can't see any way Pavlik can get back to even close to his best again. He's not shown anything since the Hopkins mindraping.
            Haha. I love that description.

Comment

Originally posted by OG Van Persie View Post
              Nah **** that guy.
              yup. **** him!

Comment

His accent to the middleweight title was exciting and fun to watch; his reign as middleweight champion was dismal; and his decent downward has been disappointing. That said, there's been bigger and less probable comeback stories in boxing and I don't see why he can't get back to on top where he once was. He's still young, he's experienced and he hasn't taken an inordinate amount of punishment in his career - so I don't see why not...

Comment

Pavlik has finally made the correct decisions to start a legitimate rebuild by dumping a big part of his problems in Jack Lowe and getting out of Youngstown. Kelly will be heading to Cali after the New Year to train under Robert Garcia and sems tobe very excited to start over and leave it all behind.

Regarding the match up of Garcia and Pavlik to me couldn't be better stylistically. Pavlik will get a trainer who will take him back to what made him effective and great to watch; a killer jab and thudding high volume combination punching and pressure.

If Pavik can put it all together I think he makes a great run at 168.
                  Last edited by freedom213; 12-19-2011, 05:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacroid View Post
                    when was he on the top?
                    When he kayoed the most feared contender in the middleweight division. Then got a title shot and kayoed the undefeated lineal champion of the middleweight division. Then won the stipulated rematch with said undefeated, young champion. Then smashed his mandatory like he stole something.
                    I can tell you haven't been watching boxing for very long.

Comment

Originally posted by freedom213 View Post
                      Pavlik has finally made the correct decisions to start a legitimate rebuild by dumping a big part of his problems in Jack Lowe and getting out of Youngstown. Kelly will be heading to Cali after the New Year to train under Robert Garcia and sems tobe very excited to start over and leave it all behind.

Regarding the match up of Garcia and Pavlik to me couldn't be better stylistically. Pavlik will get a trainer who will take him back to what made him effective and great to watch; a killer jab and thudding high volume combination punching and pressure.

If Pavik can put it all together I think he makes a great run at 168.
                      This is the best post in the thread, mate... Including my post of course.

So Pavlik has dumped his old loving/incompetent trainer and fleed off that home sweet home/****hole Youngstown Ohio... Excellent... That's what I wanted to hear!! He's just 29 years old... If you think that Froch is 34, you can assume that Froch is in a worse situation than Pavlik for what concerns his own career. Just think about it: who was Carl Froch 5 years ago? An unbeaten, not-so-young fighter from UK that's all, he sure wasn't a wonderkid. Same goes for Pavlik, only that Pavlik at the age of 29 has already put four major title belts in the closet.

I'll never forget the Pavlik vs Taylor 1 fight cos I still watch it from time to time, and I'd pray for something similar to happen again.

So, anybody knows what's next for Pavlik in the near future?

Comment

Working...
                      X