Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biggie is not a great or one of the greatest ever. That' a slap to 2 Pac's face.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pac is overrated,he is not even the best rapper from the west

ice cube>>>pac
    Last edited by heat27; 04-18-2012, 04:05 AM.

Comment

I've always felt both 2pac and Biggie were a little overrated. Great stuff they did, but Public Enemy, Run DMC, NWA, and 80s rap in general will always be the greatest rap I ever heard.

Comment

I always thought 2pac had a better voice and that's what gave him the edge. But you are right Biggie having 2 albums is like comparing a boxer who has won 2 titles with someone who has won 10. It just doesn't make sense when you step back and look at it like that.

Comment

I think the "Nirvana syndrome" exists with both 2pac and Biggie. Nirvana was a very, very good band, that made great music, but Kurt Cobain killing himself has led to the band being overrated because of what might have been. Same thing with 2pac and Biggie, because of the ways they died.

Comment

Originally posted by Versastyle View Post
            I'm always hearing how Biggie is one of the greatest of all-time and he's leaps and bounds above such and such. Biggie lyrically is still a monster today. Look, I like Biggie a lot, his lyrics are crazy good. He died at 26 and he's missed even by me. But lets be real, Biggie made TWO albums when he was alive. Were they good? Of course. Would he have gotten so much praises on Life after Death if he wasn't dead during release? Hell no!

He was a good lyricist and died during his mid-prime of coming up. To put a guy with 2 albums as one of the greatest ever is crazy. I think people go by what others say. I hear people that are 16 saying Jordan is the greatest of all-time. I ask how many games have you watched and they say some Youtube stuff. I then ask how did you come up with him being the greatest and they say because everyone else says it.

And to put him with 2Pac is like shytting on Pac's grave. Pac did quadruple more than Biggie, as in solid lyrical I'd give it to Biggie, substance I'd give to Pac, meaning I'd give to Pac. message I'd give to Pac. And Pac did 6 albums. I think people caught Biggie on a huge come up in that world wind. Bad Boy was makin' it and the hype went along to eternity.

So for those that say Biggie is one of the best ever; I'd like to know why or give songs on why that can be up there with Pac. One song I remember is this... Pac killed it with his regular flow. He didn't have to speed up his normal flow to try to blend in.

Biggie had to speed his up. Good verse but it seems like he wanted to be "one of the guys"

Pac is more versatile with his rap ability, tons more styles. Biggie was good but really???? One of the greatest ever? :mistake: Biggie is a would of could of would of enigma. Form your own opinions, not what you heard others say.:waving:
            Ok i'll bite...

Lets look at both of their lyrics from the songs you chose:

Pac:

I'll probably be punished for hard living blind to the facts
            Thugs is convicts in gods prison hand on the strap
            Praying to father please forgive me police be rushing when they see me
            I flaunted America's most wanted live on TV life
            Pleasure and pain stuck in this game holler my name
            We all gone die we bleed through similar veins
            You're explain to me now don't panic when my gun burst
            Heard the last jam ***** this ones worse
            My ***** bone held the chrome till I came home
            Thug Luv players tell these ***** *****s bring it on
            I caught a plane out to Cleveland late last evening
            To help my *****s clean up some *****s no longer breathing now
            Who you believe in hit the weed and breathe it's a
            Cold ass the world them *****s kill you in your sleep
            Until they stop me bury murder me or drop me
            I got Thug Luv for my nationwide posse feel me

Big:
            Armed and dangerous, ain't too many can bang with us
            Straight up weed no angel dust, label us Notorious
            Thug ass *****z that love to bust, it's strange to us
            Y'all *****z be scramblin, gamblin
            Up in restaraunts with mandolins, and violins
            We just sittin here tryin to win, tryin not to sin
            High off weed and lots of gin
            So much smoke need oxygen, steadily countin them Benjamins
            ***** you should too, if you knew
            What this game'll do to you
            Been in this **** since ninety-two
            Look at all the bull**** I been through
            So-called beef with you know who
            **** a few female stars or two
            Then I bluelight *****z knew like Mike's ****
            Not to be ****ed with
            Mother****er better duck quick, cause
            Me and my dogs love to buck ****
            **** the luck ****, strictly aim
            No aspirations protect the game
            Spit yo' game, talk yo' ****
            Grab yo' gat, call yo' click
            Squeeze yo' clip, hit the right one
            Pass that weed, I got to light one
            All them *****z I got ta fight one
            All them hoes I got ta like one
            Our situation is a tight one
            Whatcha gonna do, fight or run?
            Seems to me that you'll take thee
            Bone and Big, ***** die slowly
            I'ma tell you like a ***** told me
            Cash Rule Everything Around Me
            ****, lyrically, *****z can't see me
            **** it, buy the coke
            Cook the coke, cut it, blow the *****
            Before you call yourself lovin it
            ***** you with a Benz ****in it
            Doesn't it seem odd to you
            Big come through with moms and crews
            Goodfellas to to the Mo Thugs dudes
            Who's the killa, me or you?

No disrespect to Pac or his fans but lyrically, Pac does not even belong on the same sentence,,,,scratch that, same paragraph as Biggie... Its just a shame that these two artists are intertwined due to their beef as well as their deaths where for eternity bringing up one will automatically bring up the other, which in my view underscores big's lyrical brilliance.

In one word, how does one rate an mc? Rhymes... If you cut everything down to the simplest form, with an old james brown break beat, no over production sound crap, no light show, no dancers, no "out of the ring" controvercy, all an mc can utilize his lyrical skills and technique. Thats rap.

I like Pac's flow. But, his flow whether done blatantly or not, masked the "sloppyness" of the construction of his works. With a staccato timing technique, over emphasizing (sometimes wrong) prununciations of words, grunting, as well "lyrically cheating" by using end of line words that have no relavance (to the last line) only incorporated to connect one line to the next line (ie,,, Oh Lords, Uhhhs, Have Mercys etc), he constantly attempted to make things rhyme when they actually didnt. Over the top multi layered sound production and dubbed vocals even further hid his lyrical short comings. Its pretty clear to see. Its like a guy who wants everyone to think he has a a fast car but has an average engine and compensates by getting a bright red paint job, dropping the suspension, full racing guages, and seatbelt harnesses.

While I personally dont think Big is the Goat, his lyrical brilliance cannot be questioned. Unlike Pac, Big's lyrical compositions are not masked, blurred nor blunted out by overbearing sound production, voice dubbs, or any other filler. In any Big song, his lyrics is center stage, nothing is created to distract the listener from this...Consistantly, his written works were tight, sharp and very well crafted which consequently, is the reason why he is so highly regarded even though limmited to 2 albums. But the lyrics produced are some of the greatest in that era. Mc Hammer could have 20 albums but lyrically he will always be garbage so that longevity aspect although important should be put in perspective.

BTW, I think you got it wrong, versatility means able to change. Between the two, Big is the one that displayed his versatility in their respective songs with BT&H. Big showed he can change/alter his flow COMPLETLY while at the same time keeping the integrity of his lyrics. Pac sounded the same as every other song.

Comment

Eminem is the true goat anyway.. Imagine if he had died like those 2 how much it would boost his already great legacy

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
                even greater and better rapper: Del
                Funky ****sapien ?.

Comment

Originally posted by BEDROOM BULLY View Post
                  Eminem is the true goat anyway.. Imagine if he had died like those 2 how much it would boost his already great legacy
                  Yup,,, just like Elvis created Rock n Roll.

Comment

Eminem > Biggie

prove me wrong

Comment

SIPPIN HENESSY WITH MY ENEMY
                      Penitentiary, Cemetery, Bury me etc etc

YOU CALL THAT DIVERSE?
                      he used that in almost all of his songs

Pac rapped the same fuc'king way through out his career and you call him diverse?
                      He reused rhymes constantly.

You diss Biggie for switching his style and flow up with different rappers yet for some magical reason you call Pac more diverse??????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????

Doesn't it show the broadness in biggies style and shows off his skills when he switch it up?
                      No, he's imitating right?
                      But Pac is more diverse?

if this isn't flawed logic I don't know what is.

Btw Biggie blew Pac away with his song with Bone thugs.

Comment

Working...
                      X