Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What fight did Emanuel Steward start training Naseem Hamed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What fight did Emanuel Steward start training Naseem Hamed?

?????????????????????

I think it was Soto.
    Hamed got rid of Ingle after the McCuollough fight and Steward was in his corner for the fight against Paul Ingle.

Comment

Am I right in remembering Steward ran commentary during Hamed's fight with Barrera? Does that mean he'd left the corner by that stage, & if so, who was in his place?

I'm positive I remember hearing Steward doing commentary for HBO as Hamed was unravelling against Barrera.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Blue Yonda View Post
        Am I right in remembering Steward ran commentary during Hamed's fight with Barrera? Does that mean he'd left the corner by that stage, & if so, who was in his place?

I'm positive I remember hearing Steward doing commentary for HBO as Hamed was unravelling against Barrera.
        No he was in the corner for Barrera. You probably remember him desperately advising Naz to go for the KO. Steward was terrible for Naz.

Comment

but wasn't he in the corner for the Barerra fight?
          I recall Naseem refusing to listen to Steward in between the Rd's and he didn't wanna sit on the stool either, or am I thinking about some other fight?
          I recall that he completely lost his discipline there and that's what killed his carrier

Comment

Working...
          X