Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any denying the Delahoya resume is the gold standard of our era?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
    I challenge you to present a better list of opponents.
    If we just talking just about the name of the fighters and not performance or which shape they were in... he of course ranks pretty high...

But I also want to throw in a name that usually gets forgotten: James Toney has also really a great list of opponents...

But DLH of course through the times has an astonishing list:
    I mean on Hall of Famers and all-time greats alone

Chavez
    Whitaker
    Trinidad
    Mosley
    Hopkins
    Mayweather
    Pacquiao

Genaro and Camacho probably end up in the Hall too one day

And of course other notable names of his time

I think from the name value alone this is really a big time resume especially in these days where most fighters take the easy way... but performance and the time he fought them of course is also important...

I think past their prime were: Chavez, Whitaker, Camacho (which takes away from the opponents)...
    Past his own prime: Mayweather, Pacquiao (which takes away from his own performance)
    Prime: Trinidad, Mosley, probably Hopkins and Genaro...

From name value alone is is pretty good but if look into at which time/situation the names make it seem bigger then it was IMO

Comment

Morales resume>>>>De La Hoya

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
        , it's a pretty funny thread

That's not true, Oscar offered Winky a fight. And, it was Winky who turned it down.

Floyd beat him pretty lopsidedly.

And, how wasn't it fair for Oscar? it was at a catch-weight that favored Oscar more so than B-Hop.

And, shoe shine flurries are not beautiful combinations...Look at JMM or Finito to see beautiful combination punching.

And IDH is right...there are fighters in the last 20 years who have better resumes than Oscar.

I never said other fighters didn't have better resumes, but Oscar's is certainly one of the top, would u mind quoting me where i said other fighters didn't?. . . i have said finito has the best combination punching. . . but oscar had nice combination punching too - shoe shine flurries? lol. . . no. . . oscar threw a beautiful jab, and one of the best left hooks. . he threw beautiful combinations. . . bt no, they were not as nice as finito's or JMM - which ive addressed in PLENTY other posts.

and NO, the floyd loss was not one-sided. oscar won 4 rounds. . two more rounds and it's a draw!. . . that's why i don't get ppl say 116-112 scorecard is a shutout?

that's all. thanks

Comment

but everybody is entitled to their opinion. . . that's why boxing is so cool - it's one of hte most subjective sports there is. . .

Comment

Originally posted by SuckerPunch4KO View Post
            Morales resume>>>>De La Hoya
            Cause being in the losing end of a trilogy twice (Barrera/Pac), beating JOnes and other so so guys is better?

Comment

Working...
            X