Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 years ago Matthysse was god to you guys!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 years ago Matthysse was god to you guys!

Just a few years ago, Matthysse was the MAN to you guys. EVERYONE had him KOing Garcia, and some of you even called that he would KO Floyd.

What happened?

He was favored to win against Garcia but he was never even viewed as a pound for pound type of guy.

His buzz came from destroying Peterson and seemingly hurting him with punches that barely landed...and richard shaeffer calling him the new Pacquaio

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
      He was favored to win against Garcia but he was never even viewed as a pound for pound type of guy.

His buzz came from destroying Peterson and seemingly hurting him with punches that barely landed...and richard shaeffer calling him the new Pacquaio
      No he was viewed as pound for pound by A LOT of people on here. A LOT. People were talking about him being a legitimate threat to Floyd...

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post

the peterson performance was impressive. nobody's done that before or since to peterson. he actually gave danny all he could handle.

i remember a poster saying "peterson looked likehe hit a wall, and the wall hit him back."

the combination of two handed power, chin, and his style made him a fan favorite. there was also a huge backlash against eh powers that be in boxing at the time, becuse we were getting bent over and raped for $70 paquiao and floyd ppv mismatches while they ducked each other.

he was kind of a perfect storm of a bscene fan favorite. i had a chance to put money on him to beat danny in vegas, but i didn't like the odds at bet three to win 1. glad i kept that one in my pocket . only fight i bet on that night was mayweather to win on points at around 70-100. really, really easy money

Comment

yeah he was. Made quite a few points on here betting other posters

Comment

that was Richard Schaeffer and his 'we have the next Manny Pacquiao!!'

Comment

Danny came through and crushed the buildings. Lucas fanboys never recovered.

Comment

That Mike Dallas jr win made everyone drink the kool aid. Glad I was one of the few to pick Danny. Like 70% picked Lucas to ko Danny. "He's gonna need a body bag after 2"

Where's jsfd at

Comment

He was extremely overhyped. It was laughable people on here thought he would KO Floyd.

He's a good fighter with very good power. He's never been elite. Some day he was on the wrong end of decisions against Alexander and Judah but i said before the Garcia v Matthysse fight that any real good fighter would never have let a 2010 version of Judah run him that close.

Comment

gg is the new Mattysse

Comment

Working...
                    X