No announcement yet.

Al haymon information

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    Still frittering away half a billion or whatever in 2 years is no joke. That's like order of magnitude worse than the xfl
    It's all about perspective.. Half a billion is a lot but not compared to private equity.. It was less than 1%.. It would be like having $100 and losing 60 cents.

The reason why I think this case will be dismissed is because
    1. It's only less than 1%. Nearly every portfolio plan has some sort of percent designated to growth/risky investments

2. The idea itself is not crazy and was very solid, but the execution has been awful.

3. Pbc has no direct connection to investors,, it would be like if I invested money with a broker, and he bought Apple stock, the stock is mismanaged and crashed and me blaming Apple instead of the broker

Really the only person that really could get in some trouble is the guy that worked for waddell n Reed, handled the initial investment, and then took a job with pbc.. That looks bad, but isn't totally illegal. Investors will have to prove this was a conspiracy and not that pbc liked the guy while dealing with him and decided to recruit him.. This happens all the time in business. Just look at all the bankers that go to work for the SEC, or all the coaches that switch teams. Employees get poached all the time, and it's not illegal. Pbc can claim that, and investors will have a really hard time proving a conspiracy unless they have a smoking gun like emails, etc

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      It's all about perspective.. Half a billion is a lot but not compared to private equity.. It was less than 1%.. It would be like having $100 and losing 60 cents.

The reason why I think this case will be dismissed is because
      1. It's only less than 1%. Nearly every portfolio plan has some sort of percent designated to growth/risky investments

2. The idea itself is not crazy and was very solid, but the execution has been awful.

3. Pbc has no direct connection to investors,, it would be like if I invested money with a broker, and he bought Apple stock, the stock is mismanaged and crashed and me blaming Apple instead of the broker

Really the only person that really could get in some trouble is the guy that worked for waddell n Reed, handled the initial investment, and then took a job with pbc.. That looks bad, but isn't totally illegal. Investors will have to prove this was a conspiracy and not that pbc liked the guy while dealing with him and decided to recruit him.. This happens all the time in business. Just look at all the bankers that go to work for the SEC, or all the coaches that switch teams. Employees get poached all the time, and it's not illegal. Pbc can claim that, and investors will have a really hard time proving a conspiracy unless they have a smoking gun like emails, etc
      Oh yeah I'm not saying anyone's gonna end up in prison but it's an epic waste. It might have been even in good faith, though I'm not sure. It all hinged on Floyd Pac reigniting interest in boxing. Most of us knew it was gonna be a dud, you'd think Haymon did. But Atg sales job either way

Comment

"This is how I first found out about Haymon. He brought the best concerts to my city and at the end of the commercials on the radio they would always say Brought To You By Al Haymon. "

That's tight. Eddie Murphy was the highest paid actor in Hollywood for a long time, all thanks to Al Haymon. What does this guy do?

Comment

"Really the only person that really could get in some trouble is the guy that worked for waddell n Reed, handled the initial investment, and then took a job with pbc.. That looks bad, but isn't totally illegal. Investors will have to prove this was a conspiracy and not that pbc liked the guy while dealing with him and decided to recruit him.. This happens all the time in business. Just look at all the bankers that go to work for the SEC, or all the coaches that switch teams. Employees get poached all the time, and it's not illegal. Pbc can claim that, and investors will have a really hard time proving a conspiracy unless they have a smoking gun like emails, etc"

It's getting even worse in the new job climate. Employers have no loyalty and nor do employees. I can only imagine how this is with share holders and investors on the back end. I'm considered a millennial and am supposed to have 3-5 careers, 3-5!!!
          Last edited by jmrf4435; 09-17-2016, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
            I would like any information about the guy for a paper I am writing.

Anything, the guy is somewhat of a ghost and I have an entire chapter dedicated to him.

You can't find much about a guy who has such a large influence on the boxing world.
            write a love letter to Hauser.

Comment

"The idea itself is not crazy and was very solid, but the execution has been awful."

It doesn't help PBC to have so many competitors with great fighters and top names. It would be like bellator suddenly signing JON Jones and chris weidman, fans would suddenly be just as interested in Bellator main events. Most of these PBC card are lined with people I have never heard of, or people like Ishe Smith.

PBC's biggest flaw is lack of big names. MOre specifically, lack of big names fighting each other. You can't sell a one sided fight

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
                "The idea itself is not crazy and was very solid, but the execution has been awful."

It doesn't help PBC to have so many competitors with great fighters and top names. It would be like bellator suddenly signing JON Jones and chris weidman, fans would suddenly be just as interested in Bellator main events. Most of these PBC card are lined with people I have never heard of, or people like Ishe Smith.

PBC's biggest flaw is lack of big names. MOre specifically, lack of big names fighting each other. You can't sell a one sided fight
                Pretty much everyone in boxing sells one-sided fights

Pbc has more names than pretty much any other promoter..

But like you said, they aren't fighting each other.. Also they have such a random TV schedule with different days, times and channels.. Those are the 2 biggest mistakes they made

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                  Start with the Hausser articles

http://www.ring tv.com/415547-what-we-know-about-al-haymon-part-i-2/
                  The Hauser articles are worse than the garbage that you read on twitter and on this message board. Hauser is not a real journalist and never has been. How do I know this? Because I have a degree in Journalism and spent 13 years in the field. If I was Hauser's editor, I would have fired him for the some of the garbage that he has produced.

Comment

"The Hauser articles are worse than the garbage that you read on twitter and on this message board. Hauser is not a real journalist and never has been. How do I know this? Because I have a degree in Journalism and spent 13 years in the field. If I was Hauser's editor, I would have fired him for the some of the garbage that he has produced."

HMMM. Journalists are a competitive bunch. Never in my life have I heard a journalist speak highly of another journalist.

Comment

Ask his biographer The Big Dunn

Comment

Working...
                      X