A case for the older generation hw's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    I would also add jack johnson,, not sure about norton especially vs vitali
    Norton's fine against Wlad: His style takes away the jab and gives outside fighters fits. He was defenseless against straight ahead punchers which Wlad is not. That's a problem against Vitali who will attack if the jab isn't working.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
      Norton's fine against Wlad: His style takes away the jab and gives outside fighters fits. He was defenseless against straight ahead punchers which Wlad is not. That's a problem against Vitali who will attack if the jab isn't working.
      Good points,, good breakdown on norton's style,, I agree that norton could beat wlad, but i doubt he beats vitali

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        Good points,, good breakdown on norton's style,, I agree that norton could beat wlad, but i doubt he beats vitali
        I wouldn't trust Norton's chin against either of them. The memory is still clear for me of a mediocre cruiserweight battering Norton in LA.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
          I wouldn't trust Norton's chin against either of them. The memory is still clear for me of a mediocre cruiserweight battering Norton in LA.
          The problem is that you could tie an opponents hands behind his back and Wlad would STILL try and jab the dude to death all night long.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
            The problem is that you could tie an opponents hands behind his back and Wlad would STILL try and jab the dude to death all night long.
            Eventually he gets that straight right or left hook home and I don't think Norton can handle it. But conversely if Norton lands the big punch first it could go the other way.

Comment

Working...
            X