Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When is the last time Cotto been dominated by a lighter boxer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shattered Jaw View Post
    Malignaggi scooled Cotto that entire evening.

GIFT decision for Cotto.
    hahaha.

Malignaggi got his orbital and jaw broken and needed reconstructive facial surgery.

Malignaggi was never the same after that.

Comment

Originally posted by rob6465 View Post
      Andrew's Boxing Blog
      By Andrew Eisele, About.com Guide to Boxing since 1999

Cotto Punishes Malignaggi
      Sunday June 11, 2006
      The battle between undefeated junior welterweights Miguel Cotto and Paulie Malignaggi was billed as power versus speed. Power won. Cotto punished Malignaggi over 12 rounds to retain his WBO title. Malignaggi was dropped in the second round (and may have suffered a broken jaw) but survived everything Cotto dished out the rest of the way in a very game performance. The final scorecards read 115-112, 116-111 and 116-111, all for Cotto.

He was just trying to wined you up Rob...

Comment

He was dominated by a light "Flaco" Antonio Margarito.

j/k

or am I

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I think Paulie is a very good skilled fighter but he needs to fight at jr welterweight. I see a good fight in paulie vs Diaz.

Comment

Cotto has beat the **** out of every opponent that has ever been smaller then him...true.

Pacquiao I feel does not fall into this category of men...He's different..he's fast powerful and the number 1 boxer in the world for a reason.

Cotto will beat him...but surely it won't be the same type of beating he put on Paulie,Branco or any other small guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
              He was dominated by a light "Flaco" Antonio Margarito.

j/k

or am I

haha Flaquito Plasterito margacheato

Pac doesnt stand a good chance if they go toe to toe like Hatton.

Comment

Originally posted by Shattered Jaw View Post
                Lmfao. It's so easy to wind you huggers up.
                Even though I don't agree with your Khan-baiting, I'd SO give you some green love for that. But, as per the rules, I gotta be spreading that stuff some more.

Consider yourself pseudo-greened?

Comment

Cotto will murk Pac.

Comment

It's easy to judge Malignaggi-Cotto on Malignaggi's face and injuries. But no one says how Cotto only won a decision because he couldn't knock out the smaller, broken jawed Paulie.

No one mentions how Paulie fought back like hell to make the fight closer, and no one mentions how Paulie had a mere 5 knock outs, had no significant names under his resume, and was probably only put there because of his flashy '0' to make Cotto look good.

Despite all of that, Paulie came out with a lot of respect from a lot of boxing fans and had a lot of people wanting to see more of him.

Cotto also got rocked badly by a smaller Corley, and Torres. Both those guys were smaller than Cotto on fight night.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Jesus View Post
                      It's easy to judge Malignaggi-Cotto on Malignaggi's face and injuries. But no one says how Cotto only won a decision because he couldn't knock out the smaller, broken jawed Paulie.

No one mentions how Paulie fought back like hell to make the fight closer, and no one mentions how Paulie had a mere 5 knock outs, had no significant names under his resume, and was probably only put there because of his flashy '0' to make Cotto look good.

Despite all of that, Paulie came out with a lot of respect from a lot of boxing fans and had a lot of people wanting to see more of him.

Cotto also got rocked badly by a smaller Corley, and Torres. Both those guys were smaller than Cotto on fight night.
                      I agree with you but you can turn that around with Marquez fight and say, how can a "boxer" knock down Marquez 3 times and not finish him off?

Comment

Working...
                      X