No announcement yet.

Dos Santos will Put the Reem in REM sleep

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -2 Scrappy- View Post
    Dos Santos movement and footwork is 10x sergei and people are orgasming because Overeem destroyed a scared lesnar who just stood in front of him. Overeem could barely hit werdum clean he has no jab.
    No, actually some of us have been following Reem's career for years.

I agree with you that Sergei has plodding footwork, but that is somewhat of a superficial argument. Overall, and whether you accept it or not, Sergei is one of the best boxers in MMA, his base is largely boxing (in addition to sambo and Russian army combatives, but seemingly mainly boxing).

In fact, he was a multi-time national silver medalist in Russia (e.g. the most dominant amateur boxing country in history). As you also probably don't know, he was a would-be Olympian boxer for Tajikstan, but he opted to fight in Pride instead.

So while I agree with you that he does not have the most impressive footwork (although he does know what he is doing, and he has a plodding style), he is a very good boxer. I'd bet my monthly income on him in a boxing match vs JDS, quite frankly (well, if I was a betting man).

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
      No, actually some of us have been following Reem's career for years.

I agree with you that Sergei has plodding footwork, but that is somewhat of a superficial argument. Overall, and whether you accept it or not, Sergei is one of the best boxers in MMA, his base is largely boxing (in addition to sambo and Russian army combatives, but seemingly mainly boxing).

In fact, he was a multi-time national silver medalist in Russia (e.g. the most dominant amateur boxing country in history). As you also probably don't know, he was a would-be Olympian boxer for Tajikstan, but he opted to fight in Pride instead.

So while I agree with you that he does not have the most impressive footwork (although he does know what he is doing, and he has a plodding style), he is a very good boxer. I'd bet my monthly income on him in a boxing match vs JDS, quite frankly (well, if I was a betting man).
      I agree sergei is a nasty boxer I was rooting for him in the tournament. I don't think sergei really outboxed him either just outslugged him. I just don't know if Overeem can set dos santos up to bomb him out. Junior keeps his hands low to draw people in thinking they can hit him. I feel mobility will give Overeem problems unless he throws constant leg kicks which is how cro cop shoulda fought him. Dos santos has good timing. I just feel Overeem relies alot on his size and dos santos has the movement to outslick him

Comment

I agree sergei is a nasty boxer I was rooting for him in the tournament. I don't think sergei really outboxed him either just outslugged him. I just don't know if Overeem can set dos santos up to bomb him out. Junior keeps his hands low to draw people in thinking they can hit him. I feel mobility will give Overeem problems unless he throws constant leg kicks which is how cro cop shoulda fought him. Dos santos has good timing. I just feel Overeem relies alot on his size and dos santos has the movement to outslick him
        I agree he largely outslugged him, but also that shows the ability to turn the heat up, imo.

I also think that he fights more in the sort of European style, with respect to his boxing, although he probably is just a tad unorthodox there too. But he knows how to throw punches, and he is an able boxer.

Comment

What's with this myth that JDS has teh best boxing evvaahh omggzz?

Comment

Did everyone forget that Reem Reem'd Sergei before too?

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
              Did everyone forget that Reem Reem'd Sergei before too?
              Reem took him down and stopped him with gnp. Jds has good takedown defense.

Comment

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post
                What's with this myth that JDS has teh best boxing evvaahh omggzz?
                His boxing is solid for MMA but nobody said it was something special. The bigger myth is reem is some crazy good kickboxer. He's big and powerful but its not like he's outpointing him. Reem has questionable chin and very lacking cardio. I really don't think he gets JDS out in the first and then he will fade as always. Just think dos santos is more durable with solid cardio and good movement to make Overeem work harder til he fades and Jds stops him in late.

Comment

Reem took him down and stopped him with gnp. Jds has good takedown defense.

He's never had a Odin try to take him down before.

Comment

His boxing is solid for MMA but nobody said it was something special. The bigger myth is reem is some crazy good kickboxer. He's big and powerful but its not like he's outpointing him. Reem has questionable chin and very lacking cardio. I really don't think he gets JDS out in the first and then he will fade as always. Just think dos santos is more durable with solid cardio and good movement to make Overeem work harder til he fades and Jds stops him in late.
                    So who do you think wins in a straight kickboxing match?

If you say JDS, I say you are crazy.

Comment

everyone keeps mentioning the Kharitonov fight as proof that Reem can't stand with a good boxer. Lets not forget that Reem was dominating until he gassed out and then Kharitonov pounced on him while he was defenseless.

Reem has since gotten use to his weight learned how to train and eat for better stamina plus his striking has improved.

Reem would destroy Kharitov if they ever fought again and he'll destroy Dos Santos too.

If this was a pure boxing match, I give it to Dos Santos.... but it isn't. Reem has good kicks and he'll use them. If Dos Santos has the same mindset that he had against Cain, he will get REEMED. Reem will come in smart knowing Dos Santos can bang, but it seems that Dos Santos disregards his opponents' striking skills even if they are good strikers. That will be a mistake against Overeem.

Comment

Working...
                      X