No announcement yet.

eBayer sells safe with $26K inside

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] eBayer sells safe with $26K inside

Longtime eBay seller James Labrecque starts each of his listings with the same warning: "WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET. NOTHING MORE AND NOTHING LESS." He's half right. Labrecque sold a locked floor safe on the auction site for $122.93, but the buyer found $26,000 cash inside. "I thought it was empty [...] So I put it on eBay" Labrecque told WMC-TV. "I feel like the stupidest idiot in the world." He has reached out to the Tennessee-based buyer, asking for half of the money. The buyer declined, quoting Labrecque's own caveat back to him. Hey, at least you got positive feedback!

Dumbest deserved it.

Comment

I don't know how you can have a closed safe and not want to know what's in it.

Comment

I feel bad for him, but he shoulda checked first. If it was me i'd be depressed for a while.

Comment

What a moron. The majority of people that sell those mystery locked boxes most likely already know they're full of worthless junk. He's an even bigger moron for expecting the buyer to voluntarily hand over 13k back.

Comment

damn...what an idiot...poor guy..
            ouuchh

Comment

Originally posted by supRa View Post
              damn...what an idiot...poor guy..
              ouuchh
              poor guy alright,...about 26k poorer lol

Comment

Didn't even check to see what was in the safe

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                  I don't know how you can have a closed safe and not want to know what's in it.
                  Maybe he didn't know the combination to it and assumed there was nothing valuable inside

Comment

I think I'd have to give the guy back maybe 5k.

I dunno maybe I'm too generous.

Comment

Working...
                    X