Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd considers Cotto an undefeated fighter but does Cotto agree with that?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right now I think Cotto is willing to believe anything about himself. Whether that's a good or a bad thing going into this fight, we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      When the other fighter chases you all over the ring, knocks you down and turns your face into a bloody mask and the referee raises his hand you lost the fight. All the other stuff about steroids, loaded gloves, and being weight drained is just unproven excuses. Mayweather doesn't want it to look like he is fighting Pacquiao's leftovers but that is exactly what he is doing. According to Floyd anyone that he beat first is his leftovers when Pacquiao fights them. Well then Floyd, Pacquiao KOed Cotto so Cotto is leftovers by your own standards.
      Floyd Mayweather has no integrity. He'll say anything and do anything to promote himself and make maximum money with minimum risk.

Saying that, this is the first Mayweather fight in a long time that I see as competitive. I think he's realised that he has to fight live opponents now as fans will not stomach another washed up (Mosley) or rookie (Ortiz) or 2 weight category (Marquez) mismatch.

The guy is a cynical business man.

"Pacquiao, you're next."
      "...if you agree to a 70/30 split, drug testing every day, and to say that you're my b!tch at every press conference."

Comment

I just read a headline story about Cotto on boxing scene and Cotto said he was happy to beat Margarito after Margarito beat him. He did not make any excuses for losing that fight. So I think Cotto accepts his defeats and is determined to try harder and fight better.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          I just read a headline story about Cotto on boxing scene and Cotto said he was happy to beat Margarito after Margarito beat him. He did not make any excuses for losing that fight. So I think Cotto accepts his defeats and is determined to try harder and fight better.
          Cotto always said-whenever he was asked, which was often- that he didn't believe that Margarito's bandages were "loaded". it was only a sensation seeking journalist and the looney Cotto fans who originated and perpetuated it after the Mosley fight.

Only since he saw that the Mayweather fight might be a possibility did he begin to say that he beiieved that they were. Business is business. I don't know why the hell the looneys always believe the goop that fighters, promoters and trainers produce in the lead-up to a fight, or when angling for a fight. But they do, which validates Phineas Barnum's wise saying, "a sucker is born every minute".....

As I see it, it has increased the rate to every second.

Comment

Didn't you already make this thread a few days ago????????????????????????????????

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
              Floyd will say whatever he needs to in order to sell the fight.

That's the truth.
              He even offer free buffets, rooms, and limo rides from the airport. Just joking...those offers are there because everytime Floyd fight it's always big like the superbowl.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                Floyd doesn't consider Cotto an undefeated fighter
                ^

"I feel that if an opponent has already lost before, losing is in their mind somewhere" - floyd mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
                  Didn't you already make this thread a few days ago????????????????????????????????
                  I was looking for my post on this thread and I could of swore
                  I posted...
                  If it wasn't for your post I would of never noticed
                  that this thread is the same as the other one...
                  Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X