Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Broner take over boxing if he works on his craft?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he could if he worked his way up the division ladder as opposed to jumping 2 divs for an ass whoopin'. His state of mind needs a good redirection from where it is now and I think his loss to Maidana helped.

In my opinion he has most if not all the traits needed to be as successful as the Manny's and Mayweather's of the boxing world.

On a side note, I can't stand the guy but I can't belittle his efforts at becoming something bigger than what he is...

Comment

Maybe if he stops snatching old grandma purses.

Comment

Originally posted by Opinionated View Post
        If he improves his ethic and increases his output can he do it? He certainly has the charisma, good power and handspeed etc, and a granite chin. When Floyd and Pac retire I think he can take over the game. Not many young stars who can hang with him that are around his weight class imo.

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedMurderer View Post
          No he sucks, if boxing was fair, he would have 3 loses on his record already, Ponce, Quintero, Maidana figure that in with his mediocre wins over bums and midgets then you see the truth that is broner. Broner is no more then a hyped up boxing gimmick that generates money so the power that be will try everything to keep him winning as much as possible hence his next match up with molina (who is a midget bum), open your eyes you see the pattern yet?
          Personally I had Quintero a draw, and it was only his 8th pro fight so I wouldn't put too much emphasis on that.

But the PDL fight was a gift and it was then I realized how overrated Broner was, although I didn't see that fight until a year and half after it happened.

Comment

At the most he'd be a decent contender and eventually a gatekeeper.

Comment

of course he can, young maniac.

just match him up with slow footed mexican fighters and let him roll that shoulder into the hall of fame.

i'm just excited to see the first induction speech with a grill in.

Comment

No...his mind has been poisoned thanks to Floyd. Jesus himself couldn't save him.

Comment

Originally posted by chargerhemi06 View Post
                  No...his mind has been poisoned thanks to Floyd. Jesus himself couldn't save him.
                  Yea because Floyd called him up one day and said

"You bes be copyin mah antix, yo'. It gon make you dat papah!"

Totally his fault. He should also blame his loss to Maidana along with crappy performances against PDL, Quintero and Paulie on him as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                    At the most he'd be a decent contender and eventually a gatekeeper.
                    He would have been more than that if he had stayed at 135 instead of jumping up two weight classes IMO. Wasn't he regarded by most as the best lightweight in the world?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      of course he can, young maniac.

just match him up with slow footed mexican fighters and let him roll that shoulder into the hall of fame.

i'm just excited to see the first induction speech with a grill in.
                      Dang that would be awesome.

Comment

Working...
                      X