Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lopez moving to featherweight to face rojas or luevano on january 23( no caballero)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lopez moving to featherweight to face rojas or luevano on january 23( no caballero)

LOPEZ MOVING TO FEATHERWEIGHT TO FACE ROJAS OR LUEVANO ON JANUARY 23
    By Ben Thompson | October 11, 2009

"The two guys we're looking at are Luevano and Rojas...in Puerto Rico, January 23 on the number one network HBO," stated promoter Bob Arum as he talked about the future plans of WBO Super Bantamweight Champion Juan Manuel Lopez. Fresh off of his grueling but unanimous decision victory over Rogers Mtagwa on Saturday night, Lopez is already looking forward to bigger and better bouts as he now sets his sights on the featherweight division.

Prior to the victory, there were whispers that Lopez may move up to featherweight to face fellow stablemate and WBA featherweight champion Yuriorkis Gamboa. Arum, however, quickly put those rumors to rest during the post-fight interview when he revealed that Lopez will instead move up to challenge WBC featherweight champion Elio Rojas or WBO featherweight champion Steve Luevano. The bout is tentaviely scheduled for January 23rd in Puerto Rico and given the smile on Arum's face as he plugged the event, it will likely be televised on HBO.

Source : FIGHT HYPE

It seems that JuanMa and Arum blatantly duck Caballero..
    It seems that Caballero wasted his money watching at the ringside coming from PANAMA

of course they are going to pick a weak ass luevano over caballero. ***** just went life and death with some bum.

Comment

Rojas and Luevano are good opponents. Would be interesting to see how well Lopez deals with them. Neither would be nearly as dangerous as Caballero though and Top Rank knows that.
      Last edited by Silencers; 10-11-2009, 05:05 AM.

Comment

what a shame....

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
          Rojas and Luevano are good opponents. Would be interesting to see how well Lopez deals with them. Neither would be nearly as dangerous as Caballero though and Top Rank knows that.
          Is Rojas the guy that Gamboa completely destroyed like in 7 rounds?

Edit: I was wrong, Rojas is the guy Gamboa dominated for 10 rounds and stopped him I just checked boxrec.com

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy Krueger View Post

Edit: I was wrong, Rojas is the guy Gamboa dominated for 10 rounds and stopped him I just checked boxrec.com
            They're talking about Elio Rojas, good fighter out of the Dominican Republic, just won a title by beating Takahiro Aoh in Aoh's backyard. Has a nice, long right hand that could give Lopez problems, he can be a bit one dimensional in setting up that right hand though.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy Krueger View Post

Then your a idiot, because thats not the same Rojas.

They are talking about ELio ROjas WBC champ, whom Gamboa ducked to fight that other Rojas guy!

Comment

This is straight up ducking.

Comment

Those are solid opponents but this isn't the fight people want. If you are in the lower weights and there is a fight the fans demand you need to make it happen. The Caballero fight is the one that should be made, a ton more interest in it and interest means money.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                    Those are solid opponents but this isn't the fight people want. If you are in the lower weights and there is a fight the fans demand you need to make it happen. The Caballero fight is the one that should be made, a ton more interest in it and interest means money.
                    i agree....

Comment

Working...
                    X