No announcement yet.

Amir Khan : realistic thoughts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minion View Post
    His chin is fine. Not the best, but not as bad as some of the guys here make it out

Everytime he has been knocked down is because of awful lapses in defence, and getting caught flush.

Like against Precott, he walked right into him with poor defense, and anyone would have been Knocked out like that.

If he improves his defence properly, he can go far
    He was seriously wobbled by a jab in that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by harvey6 View Post
      its breidis not brady idiot why do people say names wrong all the time
      its annoying
      dont worry , i will never mix up bradleys name ever again

Comment

Maybe he is a good guy, maybe he has a talent and can become a good champion once, maybe when he`ll come to the next weight category he will gain some durability, maybe he will use his speed to protect himself/avoid punches...

MAYBE Amir Khan has big future

But what i don`t like is the way he is promoted right now...

He was young good prospect, who was thrown in the ring with the guy, who had only two opponents, who managed to go the distance with him... And that guy destroyed him in less then a minute... Maybe if Khan was prepared better he would win. But he didn`t, and this loss will haunt him the rest of his life.

After that he have beaten some bum and the old legend MAB was put at his mercy... And after 5 rounds of humiliating unfairness he had "defeated" an experienced fighter and vindicated himself in the eyes of many...

Now he is to fight with Kotelnik... And it looks like they have chosen him only after looking up his KO %... The problem is that Khan would hardly defeat Andrew... The only way i can see it is that he is given the unfair victory on points... But would that make him good? I doubt...

Comment

At the end of the day you can have the best trainer in the world, but that's not going to stop you getting hit at world level.

You're going to get hit...and if you've been put on your ass by not big hitters how the hell will he cope at world level when somebody roughs him up.

It's a shame, but I have to say, he's going to have a few KO losses before he retires, I'm talking something like 45/10.

The only thing going for Khan is his speed and youth, take them both from the equation on you've got an average fighter.
          Last edited by mojack; 04-20-2009, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Savino View Post
            I think working with Roach over next year or 2 will really bring him on has a fighter.
            But not as a boxer, he's quick and the punches in bunches work at a low-medium level of boxing, when he steps up to the real big boys, they'll count for nothin cept useless stats for compuBox

Comment

This has been mentioned before, and I am in doubt that it will be mentioned again. The worrying problem in the Prescott fight was that Khan was wobbled by a jab.

Now you can have all the lateral movement and speed in the world, plus a good solid defence, but you are going to get hit by a jab.

Comment

i think he is good fighter.he has got courage, speed, reach and youth which is too much for other boxers of his level.Fredie roach trained him very well and doing sparing with manny pacquao he groom himself very well. question about his chin which cant be changed only thing he can do to work out on his defence.
                And if you see his boxing record he fought with all good boxers above his level.eg

Micheal gomez
                willie limond
                st clairs
                kritjaston
                Marco antonio barera
                brendis prescott
                ***an
                graham earl
                scott lawton

and now he is going for kotelink.

I dont think so any other boxer in light weight in britian at this time fought with such a boxer especially in this age .

now he moved to light welter weight which shows the sign of growth and improvement at this level and especially in the age of 22 is excelent.

I am sure about that he will be the next RICKY HATTON of britian.

Comment

well if he hangs around long enough padding his record against tomato cans in europe waiting for Pacman, JMM etc to retire... who knows?

Comment

It take time for a boxers to go for big fight step by step not go straight away for manyy pacquao to **** thier ass.

i havnt seen any boxer in my life who fought with big fighters in all his fights.

Comment

Khan has a lot of talent just like Gamboa but needs the same types of improvements as Gamboa, mainly defensive improvements. He could be one of the legit beltholders and number 1 or 2 guy in the division.

Comment

Working...
                      X