No announcement yet.

People that think Lara can beat GGG....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
    GGG should just retire at this point theen since he's the favorite vs anyone and shouldnt have to fight. That'll show em!

Angulo was getting absolutely embarassed til he started coming on then got stopped.

It's not always about power...just ask Floyd.

Comparing Stevens to any World champ is laughable. :/...

"Curtis Stevens...second best mw ever next to GGG can throw a left hook so you know Ward can't do anything." That's how it looks anytime someone compares stevens to an actually good fighter. Ward isnt Lara but thats the point... Stevens is a never was and a never will be.

Golovkin SHOULD beat Lara but just because he's the favorite doesn't mean he shouldn't him. Prove you can shut down a guy like Lara instead of using hypotheticals. Power isnt going to best Golovkin...Timing and skill will. Who better to test Ggg's rhythm and timing than Lara? Sure, ggg may run Lara over but that would be an impressive feat. Much better than beating on a nobody like stevens or wade or monroe..all three put togethr arent as good a win as Lara despite lara being smaller.

If not BJS (which lets be real..it's not happening in sept) and no Canelo..get Lara. Eubank should be a last resort. i dont think GGG should move on to 68 pounders just yet. The Zurdo fight will be better in a year or two if GGG can geta hold of Chavez Jr or Canelo to give zurdo that "mexican hope" type of title. Degale would likely get rocked judging by that porky fight..but that'd be a biggish fight and GGG should be expected to win yet be challenged.
    When did I say he shouldn't fight him? I actually want to see the fight, so GGG can have a big name on his resume.

I'm referring to people that think GGG's avoiding Lara because he's a slick lefty, and thst he'll "expose" GGG. I find it funny that they think that.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
      Again, I'm not dissing Lara, or saying he's not a warrior. He is, but he's not gonna bother GGG, and his heart will get him in trouble.
      So would you rather see him fight the Monroe Jr and Wade's of the world? If not Canelo, Jacobs, or Saunders who would you like to see next? Please don't say Eubank Jr. He lost to Saunders and passed on an opportunity to fight for a world title in order to chase a British title. And he tried to fight on the Olympics. He's not serious

Comment

I don't think triangle theories are the best way to analyze a possible fight between Lara and GGG. Lara doesn't have the power to KO GGG but you do not have to win a fight by KO.

while I wouldn't expect lara to win myself, Lara can box and move, tire GGG out, then maybe steal the fight late by jabbin him to death. Wouldn't be pretty but it would be a win.

Comment

Angulo was working his ass to the body, and trapping him a ton in the early rounds. He was getting worked, and doing his own work, but it was the fact that he hurt Angulo with the left that saved him.

I personally don't think he's hurting GGG with his left, and GGG's body and head shots is in a whole different league than Angulo.

If Stevens hit GGG with the best he had, and didn't even dent him, then Lara's left ain't gonna do a damn thing. And Stevens threw his left with no telegraph either. He was ripping counters, so I don't wanna hear about Lara hurting him because he throws it with more disguise.
          The intrigue comes from Lara being a good boxer with good power....GGG hasnt faced many multi-faceted fighters

Like Lemmie....he can punch but he has no jab, wide technique and lacks head movement

Murray can box but cant punch his way out of a kleenex box

Lara has good speed, power, defense and he has shown heart. Neither guy has fought anyone like the other

Also I seriously doubt GGG will consistently eat one to land his own like he can vs guys like Monroe or Wade, who dont sit down on their punches well.

Lara can move and has pop when he stops.

I favor GGG but i like the match up

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            So would you rather see him fight the Monroe Jr and Wade's of the world? If not Canelo, Jacobs, or Saunders who would you like to see next? Please don't say Eubank Jr. He lost to Saunders and passed on an opportunity to fight for a world title in order to chase a British title. And he tried to fight on the Olympics. He's not serious
            I actually prefer this fight, and the Canelo fight the most.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              I don't think triangle theories are the best way to analyze a possible fight between Lara and GGG. Lara doesn't have the power to KO GGG but you do not have to win a fight by KO.

while I wouldn't expect lara to win myself, Lara can box and move, tire GGG out, then maybe steal the fight late by jabbin him to death. Wouldn't be pretty but it would be a win.
              Well yeah, I'm not saying it's a 100% guarantee that GGG would win, but I'm certain he will. You can even make a case for Lara being able to beat him, I'm just putting my perspective on how the fight goes to the people that say GGG is ducking him, because of Lara's slick style.

Comment

Well yeah, I'm not saying it's a 100% guarantee that GGG would win, but I'm certain he will. You can even make a case for Lara being able to beat him, I'm just putting my perspective on how the fight goes to the people that say GGG is ducking him, because of Lara's slick style.
                ok. I am not suggesting he is ducking him.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  ok. I am not suggesting he is ducking him.
                  I didn't say you were, I'm talking about certain posters that think he is.

Comment

Lara is not in GGG's class. He has done nothing to indicate he would have the slightest chance to do anything except run from GGG until he got caught and KOed. He was knocked down by slow, mediocre Angulo, had a hard time beating Vanes and lost to Canelo and Williams and drew with Molina. GGG doesn't get knocked down or hurt. He always wins by a mile and almost always wins by KO. He has no losses or draws marring his perfect record. In fact he damn near never even loses a single round. Lara should fight Jacobs. He would actually have a chance to win that fight. If he did beat Jacobs he would have one of those belts that GGG loves to collect and GGG would fight him right away.

Comment

They have to actually fight to prove who would win man

Comment

Working...
                      X